Ch 26. Deep Inside Your Mind

Error was struck by all the odd things in the Star Sanses' floating house. Had Ink really created all of this with a paintbrush? What a peculiar thing. But, what he wondered most was... How did Ink create beings? How did he create souls? It was the most amazing thing, and at the same time, he really did not want to know. He wondered how long Ink would let him stay here. There were so many rooms to explore, and it was such a big place. A floating mansion. But everyone was just in their rooms, and the eerie silence reminded Error of the Anti-Void. The one place that had driven him mad and made him want to destroy everything Ink had created. He didn't want to feel like that again. Never. Ever again. Hello, Error Sans. Surprised, Error jumped and turned quickly around, not meeting anyone's eyes. But... There a white wisp floating in front of him. I couldn't talk to you in the Anti-Void, but here I am, finally, so, let me introduce myself. "Wh-what? Who are you?" Error stepped back, readying his strings around his fingers. I am how Ink survived those scars on his arms and how he got back his soul. Surely you realized that he had no soul the first time you met. "I did, but, what do you want?" Error asked, almost stunned. I want to show you everything Ink has done for you. Follow me. With that, the wisp disappeared, leaving a portal just the size Error could go through.

Cross had no time to think before he was sucked down into the darkness below. His code showed on his arms, and pain struck his back and legs. His purple blood trickled down his body, making his mouth gape. "H-hello? Can... Someone help me?" He panted. "Please, I feel like I'm dying..." He realized in the nick of time that this was the Death-Void. The Unknown-Void. The only void existant more deadly than the Anti-Void. The edge of the Multiverse. Get out, a deep female voice shouted. GET OUT! Cross leaped up, his knife appearing in his hands. "Okay! Okay! I'm trying to find my way out!" A black wisp appeared in front of him and he was teleported to a large, snowy area with no hills, no trees, just emptiness and the sound of the wind howling. He looked around and saw nothing but pouring down snow. Maybe if he looked up... Cross tilted his neck up in pain and swore he could make out a figure the shape of a house in the sky. He used all his magic to teleport above the clouds and landed on a platform connected to stairs leading up to an enormous structure the size of three of the Star Sanses' mansion. Above the white brick mailbox was a floating wooden sign that was labeled: The EVERYTALE Castle.