Ch 5. Just Beginning

Ink stared at the glitchy skeleton on his paint brush. Had Ink killed him? Had he chosen the wrong path to take? Ink felt miserable and terrible. All day, he did nothing but sit and wrap bandages around Error's bones. He had different colored bones, and whenever Ink lifted his shirt off or his jacket, the glitches blocked him, which was distracting and frustrating. They had minds of their own. When would Error wake up? Would he even wake up today? Ink had so many questions, but the biggest one was: Would Error be okay? He didn't know why he even had the question, despite the fact it was his main one. He had almost forgotten that Error was in his house, and he could make his bed glitchy. Ink didn't really know how his glitches worked, if they spread or not. He decided to leave Error a sticky note to let him know he was downstairs and he quietly backed out of the room and closed the door quietly.

  "DREAM!!!" Frisk trapped over a bottle and screamed in pain again. "DR- "Shhh," Ink told her. "INK! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME THERE?!" Ink looked down and nodded to the stairs. "I think I saved Error. He's in my room right now and he's passed out still, I think. Please try not to wake him up." Frisk seemed to have a worried and scared expression on her face. It completely gave away the fact that she was as frightened as heck that Error was in the Star Sans' place. "WHY?" "Shhh, Frisk!" The little human looked down and frowned. Ink hoped he wouldn't regret this, if Dream found out, Error was so dead.

  Flinging himself up, Error put his knees up and hugged them. "What did he do?!" The bandages seemed comforting, but why would Ink, of all beings, help him? Error flicked his head around until he spotted the sticky note on the desk beside him. Realizing he was on an actual bed in an actual house startled him, and he jumped off, ripping one of the wraps around his arm. After reading the note, he opened the door and slammed it shut, then he almost tripped down the stairs and yelled in pain with a glitchy roar.

  Frisk twisted around and stared at Error blankly. He was right there. Right in front of her. "Where is Ink?" He asked in his glitchy voice. Frisk was shaking like she had just been hit by a mallet. "Oh come on, how can one brave be so scared of me?" Error swept around her and opened the front door. "WOAH!" The entire place was in the sky. "Seriously!" He stepped back and tried opening a portal there, which didn't work. "Y-You can't teleport here, only the Star Sanses can...-" "WHERE IS INK?" Error couldn't use his strings, and it even hurt him when he tried using them against her.  The little human leaped back and covered her face with her arms. "Error! What are you doing?" Ink appeared between the two of them and looked straight at Error. "What does it look like, Ink? Why am I here?"

  "When will it be done, Gaster?" He didn't know, to be honest, but what did he say? He couldn't lie, that was result to them messing up the formula. "I'm not sure, maybe tomorrow," he replied. "Okay..." The assistant's voice trailed off and she sighed. As she started walking off to the doors, Gaster could hear her tail thumping against the metal. It was almost done... Wasn't it? Gaster watched the liquid spit up at him and then rested his hand on the bar. It would be a long day.