Ch 34. Not Any Longer

"I am not doing this anymore." Nightmare turned his back to the faster blaster creature. "So many people hate me, I don't want this anymore. They can hate you and they can kill you. The good will always have more power. You're just full of hate and darkness." "Yes you are, Nightmare," the eerie, deep voice said. "No," Nightmare said, turning to his prince form. "I'm not." And with that, he left the unknown void and teleported to the Star Sanses' house. He needed to see his brother. "Hello?" Dream?" Right then, everyone appeared on the porch behind him. Error, a strange child, Ink, Frisk, Geno, Reaper, Blueberry, Cross, and Fell. When Nightmare turned around, everyone except for Dream was ready to attack him. "Nightmare...?" Dream said, and the two apple shaped souls, the golden and black flew towards each other as if greeting each other after a long time away as friends. "You're... Not working with the dark side anymore...?" Ink said friend behind them. "No, I'm done with someone who I don't even know the name of," Nightmare confessed.

The sky was painted orange and yellow where the sun was slowly starting to lower, and the stars were already appearing in the purple and blue part, as if celebrating Nightmare's return to the good side. Dream, Cross and him were looking at it, enjoying the quietness. "So, how have you been taking care of my little brother? Is he feisty?" Nightmare asked Cross. "Hey! I'm not that feisty! And I'm not a little kid, either, bro," Dream said angrily. "Sorry," Nightmare said, cracking a little smile. "We've actually gotten pretty close," Cross told Nightmare, and nudged Dream as if telling him too. "Oh? In what way?" Nightmare asked. "Uh, just really good friends... Yeah... Although I wish..." Cross sighed. "We..." He seemed to not be able to finish his sentence. "Oh, don't think I don't remember when Dream saved you from me. You know what, I'll leave you two alone right now." Nightmare teleported off, to who knew where. "He can be weird," Dream said. "It's not like we're dating." Cross looking over at him and down at his gloved hand. He took it in his own, and let the moment last for a while. He saw Dream slightly blush from the corner of his vision. Cross broke the silence after that. "Dream, I..." Dream looked up at him with wonder in his star eyes. "I... Do want to..." He was sweating a lot, now, and was shaking too. "I..." Dream hugged him. "I know you miss your AU. Your family. You know what, Cross? I miss mine too. I miss the Dream Tree... And..." He started to cry. "Its bright, shiny leaves... and the apples on it... And I wish I hadn't bragged about how great I was to my poor, sensitive brother... Th-this is my fault, C-Cross... I understand if you just want to be friends... I'm a monster..." Cross just closed his eyes and listened to him while he talked. "No..." "No what, Cross?" "Dream, I love you. I am no longer my AU's Knight, okay? I'm yours. I am your protector, Prince Dream Sans. You can do what you want with me now. Throw me in the Unknown Void, I don't care. I-" Dream cut him off with a kiss, still crying. He didn't know why, but he kissed him back, and there was no backing out of this now.