Three Jealous Princesses

Princess Sofia and Prince Hugo have been friends for a long time, but they weren't always friends.

When Sofia first met Hugo, they had a rocky start. Hugo was arrogant and egotistical at that time. He was the best flying derby racer in Royal Prep, and Amber, Hildegard, and Clio loved him very much for that. Sofia wanted to try out for the flying derby team, and whenever she failed to ride her horse, Minimus, Hugo would make fun of her. But then Sofia and James beat Hugo in the tryout race.

Sometime later, Sofia and Hugo got paired to ride in the upcoming flying derby championships. Sofia was willing to give Hugo and second chance, but Hugo had trouble trusting Sofia because of the events at the tryout race. Then Sofia learned that Hugo wasn't who she thought he was. Hugo was never a bully at heart—he only acted like one because he wanted to honor his family by winning the Flying Crown. But his family pushed him so hard that he kept failing to do so. Sofia offered to help Hugo honor is family as long as he gave her a chance. It wasn't easy, but Hugo learned the true meaning of teamwork. Together, Sofia and Hugo won the Flying Crown—and became really good friends.

After that, Sofia and Hugo became very best friends—and it seemed like they were in love. Since then, their friends and families had been teasing them that they would get married one day. Sofia and Hugo denied that, and their parents were waiting for the day their children would become a couple. Sofia and Hugo doubted that would ever happen—but one day, they decided to make that official.

It was another typical day at Royal Prep. Prince Hugo had gotten down from his flying coach, and he was about to enter the school when Princesses Hildegard and Clio jumped in front of him.

"Hi, Prince Hugo!" they cried in unison.

Hugo jumped at the way the two girls surprised him. "Ay, yai, yai!" he cried. "Hildegard, Clio, you know I hate that!"

"Sorry, but we couldn't help ourselves," Hildegard smiled innocently.

"Please, help it," Hugo snorted. He really wished the girls respected his desire for them to stop jumping out at him like that.

When Hugo wasn't looking, Amber came up behind him and shouted, "Hi, Prince Hugo!"

Hugo was so scared that he jumped three feet away from the girls. "What is it with you girls scaring me like that?" he growled.

"Lighten up, will you?" Amber asked.

Hugo was a bit of a morning person, but he hated when those girls greeted him that way. "Well, you certainly don't like when boys creep up on you and scare you like that," he retorted.

"You really need to stop being so serious and start having more fun," Hildegard told him.

Hugo didn't understand how that was fun because it certainly wasn't fun for him. But then, something—or someone—caught his eye and made him smile. The three princesses thought he was staring at them.

"It's about time you lightened up," Hildegard smirked.

"There she is," Hugo smiled. He walked right past the trio and went up to Sofia.

"Hi, Hugo, how are you?" Sofia asked.

"Fine, just fine," Hugo smiled.

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio couldn't believe Hugo left them for Sofia. He used to enjoy their affection before he and Sofia met, but that was a long time ago—things are different now. Now Hugo was more interested in Sofia.

"I just don't understand it, Amber," Hildegard groaned. "Your sister doesn't do the same things we do to get Prince Hugo's attention, and she instantly steals his heart."

"It's a real embarrassment, Hildy," Amber glared jealously. "She's really simple and yet better at pretty much anything than we are—and that includes winning over Prince Hugo."