Almost There

Before the end of school, everyone was looking forward to seeing the results of the play. Sofia was with Amber and her friends.

"The list should be up by now," Clio said.

"You were pretty good today, Sofia," Hildegard said. "Maybe you'll get to play the wicked stepmother."

"Maybe," Sofia said with a smile, hiding how hurt she felt.

Just as the girls reached the list, Hugo came by, gave Sofia a bear hug, and beamed, "Oh, Sofia, I'm so proud of you!"

"You are?" Sofia asked. "Did you see the role I got?"

"Yes, take a looksee," Hugo said, putting her down.

Sofia was just about to look at what role she got when Amber stopped her and said, "Sofia, before you see what part you got, the most important thing to remember is that you tried."

"She's right, Sofia," Hildegard agreed. "It doesn't matter if one of us is playing Cinderella and you're playing the stepmother. All that matters is that we put on a good show."

Clio saw the list and said, "Prince Hugo is playing the Prince!"

"No surprise there," Sofia remarked.

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio looked at their roles and were very unhappy.

"What's wrong?" Sofia asked.

"I'm playing the evil stepmother," Amber sighed.

"Hildy and I are the stepsisters," Clio chimed in.

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio were disappointed that neither of them got the lead. They walked away sadly, and when Sofia saw the list, she gasped in delight.

"I'm Cinderella! I got the lead!" Sofia beamed.

Hugo hugged Sofia tightly. Amber, Hildegard, and Clio heard what Sofia said—and they were shocked that she got the lead in the play.

"Sofia, I can feel this relationship coming right now," Hugo gushed.

"Relationship?" James asked.

"We decided to start a relationship soon, and we thought this play would give us a gentle push," Sofia revealed.

Everyone was happy to hear that Sofia and Hugo will finally be a couple soon. But not everybody was happy for them. Hearing this news made Amber's, Hildegard's, and Clio's hearts sink. They had been chasing after Hugo a lot lately, and they were going to lose him to Sofia. The girls were so upset that they started to cry, and they ran off.

At Enchancia Castle, Sofia told her parents the good news. Roland and Miranda were very happy for their youngest daughter.

"Oh, Sofia, you're growing up so fast!" Miranda beamed. "I wish there was a way to stop you from growing up so fast."

"I'm starting to regret pushing you to start a relationship with him, honey," Roland chuckled.

"I'm really looking forward to this," Sofia grinned.

Sofia may be looking forward to this play—let alone her relationship—but Amber sure wasn't. She didn't know why Sofia had to steal Hugo's heart.

Meanwhile at Hugo's palace, he told his family the good news. Not surprisingly, they were all very happy for him.

"Oh, my baby bro is all grown up!" Axel cried. "Will you stop growing up so fast already? Come here, lover boy!" He wrapped his arm around Hugo's neck and gave him a noogie.

"Hey, Axel, stop it!" Hugo cried, laughing.

The princes' parents couldn't help laughing as their sons playfully messed with each other.

"I can't be any prouder of my youngest son," Samira gushed.

"I can't be any prouder of him either, Mom," Axel grinned.

"Thanks," Hugo blushed.