A Whole New Life

That Friday, everyone was ready to perform the play. Sofia was wearing her handmaiden costume, ready to start the play. She was with Hugo, who was supporting her.

"You know, Sofia, you're like Cinderella and Snow White put together," Hugo grinned.

"How so?" Sofia asked.

"A handmaiden outfit can never hide true beauty," Hugo smiled.

Sofia smiled and blushed at that comment. She and Hugo were excited to finally start their relationship. Miss Elodie came onstage to open the show.

"You'd better take your place," Hugo said.

"Thanks," Sofia smiled.

Pretty soon, the play started, and it was definitely better than a few weeks ago. Amber looked great in her wicked stepmother costume, and Hildegard and Clio looked great in their stepsister costumes. The wicked stepsister ballgowns looked great, too.

Pretty soon, Adara showed up onstage as the Fairy Godmother. She looked beautiful in her pink costume. She waved her wand, and Sofia's handmaiden costume turned into a beautiful dress. The dress looked like Rapunzel's gown, but the sleeves went off Sofia's shoulders. The bodice was dark purple, the sleeves and overskirt were lavender, and the underskirt was pink. Everyone loved how beautiful Sofia looked, and her hair was in a ponytail.

It was time for the ballroom scene. Hugo came onstage as the Prince, and he was ready to do his dance with Sofia. He went up to Sofia/Cinderella, tapped her on the shoulder, and said in an English accent, "Good evening, milady."

"Oh, hello, Your Highness," Sofia/Cinderella smiled, curtseying.

"Do I know you?" Hugo asked.

"No, I don't think so," Sofia/Cinderella replied. "It's nice to make your acquaintance."

Sofia and Hugo looked at each other dreamily. They were really excited to dance with each other and perform this scene. As soon as the song played, Sofia and Hugo started waltzing, and that's when their spark really started burning. As they danced around the stage, they started to sing.

HUGO: I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering, splendid

Tell me, princess

Now when did you last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes

Take you wonder by wonder

Over, sideways, and under

On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world

A new fantastic point of view

No one to tell us no

Or where to go

Or say we're only dreaming

SOFIA: A whole new world

A dazzling place I never knew

But when I'm way up here,

It's crystal clear

That now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights

Indescribable feeling

Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling

Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world

A hundred thousand things to see

I'm like a shooting star

I've come so far

I can't go back to where I used to be

HUGO: A whole new world

With new horizons to pursue

BOTH: I'll chase them anywhere

There's time to spare

Let me share this whole new world with you

HUGO: A whole new world

SOFIA: A whole new world

HUGO: That's where we'll be

SOFIA: That's where we'll be

HUGO: A thrilling chase

SOFIA: A wondrous place

BOTH: For you and me

Everyone clapped for the wonderful scene, which was very beautiful.

Pretty soon, the performers got to the scene where Cinderella reunites with the Prince, and the actors were really excited.

"I know there's one more girl living in this house," Hugo said, acting annoyed. "Don't make me search this house for her."

Sofia/Cinderella entered, asking, "Did someone call for me?"

"Wait a minute," Hugo gasped. "It's you—you're the girl I danced with last night!"

"Why, yes, I am," Sofia/Cinderella smiled.

It was a very beautiful scene, and Sofia/Cinderella teaching the stepmother and stepsisters the meaning of true beauty was definitely beautiful. But what was even more beautiful when Sofia came out wearing a white dress that looked almost like her princess costume, and she joined Hugo in singing the reprise of their song.

HUGO: A whole new world

SOFIA: A whole new life

BOTH: For you and me

The whole audience roared in applause. The curtain closed, and everyone was ready to take a bow. The cast lined up, and when the curtain opened, the young royals took a bow.