The Time Has Come

Inside, Sofia and Hugo were walking to class when something interesting caught their eyes.

"Hey, it looks like auditions for the next play are coming up," Hugo said.

There was a poster, saying that auditions for the play Cinderella and the Beauty Within were next week.

"This play sounds very interesting, but I wonder why it has to do with beauty within," Sofia said.

"Maybe Cinderella will teach her stepsisters what true beauty is," Hugo surmised.

"Good foreshadowing," Sofia smiled.

"So are you guys thinking about auditioning for this play?" Prince Derek asked.

"It would be pretty fun, though everyone knows how the Cinderella story goes," Sofia said. "Why?"

"You ought to play Cinderella and the Prince because it would prove that you make a great couple," Derek smirked.

That comment made Sofia and Hugo blush.

"I don't know, Derek," Hugo said.

"Come on, guys," Zandar urged. "You spend most of your time together, and you know each other better than anyone. You should be ready to even think about being an official couple."

Sofia and Hugo really do like each other. They never really thought about starting a relationship. They didn't even think about how to start one. Throughout the day, their friends kept telling them that they ought to become a couple already.

At lunch, Sofia and Hugo were talking. They wondered if they really were ready to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Do you really think we're ready to start a relationship?" Sofia asked.

"Well, my dad has warned me and Axel about something like this," Hugo said. "He says that you need to be careful because someone could end up being hurt."

"My mom has warned me and Amber about that too," Sofia told him. "Nevertheless, she and Dad act like they want me to start a relationship."

"My parents act like that, too," Hugo smiled. "We have a lot in common, and we know each other better than anyone."

"Yes, that's true," Sofia nodded. "Maybe we are ready for a relationship. But the question is, how can we start it?"

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Sofia and Hugo, Amber, Clio, and Hildegard were spying on them jealously.

"Can you believe everyone at Royal Prep thinks Sofia and Hugo are ready to be a couple?" Hildegard sniffed. "What makes Sofia so special?"

"Well, she is the reason Hugo reformed in the first place," Clio pointed out.

"Thank you, Clio," Amber groaned. "But we'll prove everyone wrong when at least one of us gets the lead in the school play."

"That'll probably be Clio—she did play the lead in Hello Polly," Hildegard declared.

"But you guys are great singers, too," Clio told Hildegard and Amber.

"Thank you, Clio," Hildegard grinned.

"I so look forward to auditions next week," Amber squealed. "The big question is, who will get to play Cinderella?"

"I guess we won't know until we actually audition," Clio shrugged.

During art class, Sofia and Hugo thought about how to start their relationship.

"I guess our parents never told us that the hardest part about a relationship is how to start one," Hugo said.

"True," Sofia agreed. She saw another poster reminding folks of auditions for the play—and then she got an idea. "Maybe we can start our relationship by performing in the play."

"I like that," Hugo smiled.

It was official—Sofia and Hugo are going to start their relationship by playing Cinderella and the Prince in the school play. They were already looking forward to it.