The Good News

That night, at Hugo's palace, he was bonding with his whole family. They were in the parlor, talking about their days.

"So I hear you're trying out for the play at school, baby bro," Hugo's big brother, Axel, said.

"Fortunately, this is a young romance story," the princes' father, King Garrick, grinned.

"Your father is right, honey," Queen Samira agreed. "You and Sofia really like each other, so why can't you start a relationship already?"

"Funny you should say that—we were talking about that today, and we decided to make it happen very soon," Hugo smiled, blushing.

That stray comment really surprised his family.

"Really?" Garrick asked.

"Yeah, Sofia and I thought performing as Cinderella and the Prince in the play would help us get our relationship started," Hugo admitted.

"Oh, my son is getting himself a girlfriend!" Garrick beamed. He lifted his youngest son up and spin him around.

"My baby bro is grown up," Axel gushed. "Before I know it, he'll be getting married!"

Meanwhile, at Enchancia Castle, Sofia was thinking about this play, and she was really excited. She was in her room when there was a knock on her door.

"Enter," Sofia called.

Sofia's mother and stepfather, Miranda and Roland, entered.

"Sofia, I hear you're trying out for the lead in the school play," Miranda smiled.

"James tells us that Prince Hugo is trying out to play the Prince," Roland grinned. "Your romance in the play will certainly seem real."

Her father's comment made Sofia blush a little. "About that, that's how Hugo and I are going to start our relationship," she revealed.

Miranda and Roland gasped. "You're going to have Hugo for a boyfriend?" Miranda asked.

"It's about time!" Roland beamed. He picked up his daughter and spun her around.

"Our relationship will start after the play," Sofia smiled. "We thought this would be a great way to start our relationship."

"And right you are," Miranda smiled.

All week, Sofia and Hugo have been looking forward to the play, and they practiced hard.