Something Isn't Right

After a few weeks of rehearsals, Amber and her friends were very anxious. The night of the play was just around the corner, and that meant Sofia and Hugo were going to be a couple very soon. Amber and her friends were even more green-eyed than before.

"This is awful—the play is this week, and that means Sofia and Hugo will be a couple soon," Amber fretted.

"I wish we could've changed Prince Hugo," Hildegard pouted. "That way, he would never have fallen in love with Sofia."

"I wish there was a way to keep Sofia from performing in the play," Clio sighed.

Clio's statement gave Hildegard an idea. "Maybe there is a way," she smirked.

It was the night of the school play. Hildegard was ready to execute her plan to keep Sofia from playing Cinderella in the play. She told Sofia a little lie that got her very excited.

"Some journalists of a new royal newspaper want to interview me?" Sofia asked.

"Yes, they want to ask you how you're going to start your new relationship," Hildegard lied.

"But can't that wait until after the play?" Sofia asked. "Our relationship won't start until then."

"I'm afraid they can't wait—they want to interview you now," Hildegard said. "They're waiting for you in here."

Hildegard guided Sofia into a closet. Once Sofia got inside, Hildegard quickly shut the door and locked it up. "Perfect!" she cackled. "Now Sofia won't be able to start a relationship with Prince Hugo!"

When Hildegard left, Sofia realized she'd been tricked. She banged on the closet door to get someone to let her out. "Hey, let me out of here!" she demanded.

Meanwhile, Hildegard told Amber and Clio where Sofia was.

"You locked my sister in a closet?" Amber gasped.

"I thought you wanted her out of the way," Hildegard said.

Before Amber could protest, Miss Elodie came by anxiously. "Has anyone seen Sofia?" she asked.

"Oh, Sofia can't make it," Hildegard said. "She's really sick with diarrhea."

Everyone was disappointed to hear that. Now there was nobody to play Cinderella. Hugo was really upset because he was really looking forward to starting his relationship with Sofia.

"Where are we going to find another girl to play Cinderella?" Miss Elodie frowned.

"Maybe one of us can do it," Hildegard said, bringing Clio and Amber forward.

"But then who would play Cinderella's stepmother—or one of the stepsisters?" Princes Adara asked.

"Cinderella can have only one stepsister in this story, yes?" Hildegard asked. "I can play Cinderella."

"Well, okay," Miss Elodie sighed.

Hildegard was really happy that she'd be playing Cinderella in the play. But Amber and Clio started to feel guilty, knowing what Hildegard did to Sofia.

James started to feel like something was wrong. "Something isn't right, Hugo," he whispered. "Hildegard said that Sofia has diarrhea, but she was fine when she came here."

"That's weird," Hugo frowned. "How can someone get diarrhea so suddenly?"