The Green-Eyed Princesses

The next day at school, everyone was designing their costumes for the play. They were all talking about Sofia and Hugo starting their relationship, saying it was about time that happened.

"Can you believe Sofia and Hugo are finally going to be a couple soon?" Prince Desmond asked.

"I wonder how Amber and James feel about their baby sis having a boyfriend," Prince Derek smirked.

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio heard that—and Amber certainly didn't feel good about her little sister having Hugo for a beau. Hildegard and Clio didn't feel good about this either.

"Well, I don't like it very much," Amber muttered emulously.

"Neither do we," Hildegard chimed in.

Clio knew she was jealous of Sofia, too, but she didn't want to be. She wanted to be happy for Sofia. "Maybe we should let it go," she sighed.

"Are you kidding?" Hildegard asked. "Sofia is going to steal Prince Hugo right from under our noses. She already stole the lead from us."

"I know, but I feel even worse about not being happy for her," Clio said.

Amber remembered when she first learned about Sofia being storykeeper of the Secret Library, and she was too jealous to even be happy for her younger sister. She knew Sofia wasn't happy about that, and that memory haunted her—but nevertheless, Amber was still jealous of Sofia for not only getting the lead in the play but getting ready to start a relationship with Hugo.

During rehearsals, Sofia and Hugo were really having fun, and this was making them feel ready to start their relationship. Everyone thought Sofia and Hugo looked adorable—everyone except Amber and her friends.

"James, how do you feel about your little sis getting a boyfriend?" Zandar asked.

"I have to say, it makes me sad to see her grow up like this," James admitted.

The cast was working out the scene where the Prince finally finds Cinderella. Amber, Hildegard, and Clio couldn't bear to see Hugo gushing over Sofia—onstage and in real life. They wished someone other than Sofia—let alone themselves—could've gotten the role of Cinderella. Had that happened, that girl wouldn't steal Hugo away from them.