Chapter 1

No season. Everyone's alive.

Elijah's POV
I was walking out in the woods, in search for my brother, Niklaus, but I couldn't seem to find him anywhere.
I heard a loud, shrill cry from a cardboard box, I sped to the box and then saw a baby, maybe around 1 year of age. I crouched down, looking at the child, her eyes a purple color,

I said" Well, aren't you one of a kind?" I lifted her up into my arms, she giggled then pulled at my face," Abandoned, Poor little darling

" Abandoned, Poor little darling." I stared walking out of the forest, carrying the little baby in my arms, as it started storming and she started crying. I moved my arm a little more, then sped out of the forest and realized I couldn't take the little one home, she's at risk with Niklaus, Kol and even Rebekah.
I got to the Quarter and compelled a woman to rent me an apartment, under my name until the baby was old enough to speak. I walked into the apartment and put the baby onto the floor, I smiled then sped out of the apartment and bought a lot of things.
Once I arrived back at the apartment, the little baby was crying and crawling towards a wall, I sped to her and lifted her up into my arms.
I said" I'll have to give you a name, hmm... how about Jordyn? You'll come to like it." I sped around, building the things for her nursery.

I changed her into warmer clothes and then put her down into the bassinet," Sleep well, little one, I'll be back as fast as I can

" Sleep well, little one, I'll be back as fast as I can." Then I was off, I went back to the palace and sat down, Nik came into the room,
He said" Where have you been, Brother?"
" Out."
" Where?"
" Out." I walked to my room and laid down, hoping Jordyn will be okay alone tonight.

I got to the apartment, and heard Jordyn crying, I sped inside and lifted her up. I sat down on the rocking chair and started rocking, hoping to calm the little baby. I kissed her head and then watched as she fell asleep again, I stood up and placed her back into the bassinet, then sped into the kitchen, making a bottle for her, and then put a pacifier into the fridge to cool it.
Once she woke up, I lifted her up and then started feeding her the bottle, she quietly drank the milk then yawned. I smiled and put her down, letting her play on the ground for a while.
I sat down against the wall, watching her play with the mobile, she looked at me then babbled. She started crawling to me but then started standing up, she walked to me and crashed onto my legs.
I said" Now, I'll have my hands full, won't I?" She laughed and smiled, her purple eyes twinkling, I smiled and then lifted her up, and stood, walking to the fridge and got the pacifier, I put it into her mouth and she started sucking on the pacifier. I changed her diaper after I smelt her mess, then kissed her head and laid her down in the bassinet. She closed her eyes and fell asleep, I smiled then sped back to the palace, Rebekah was there waiting, She said" Where have you been running off t0?" I ignored her and went to my room and locked the door, hoping to prevent my siblings from coming into my room. I pulled out the child care book and started reading.

5 years later-->
I walked to the apartment, knocking on the door, I crouched down as the door cracked open and I saw the purple eye of Jordyn. I smiled, as she opened the door more,
I said" You've got to invite me in, darling."
She said" Come in, daddy." My 6 year old daughter invited me in, She hugged me, latching onto my hip and smiling up at me. I chuckled, lifting her up onto my hip and then carried her to her room," Daddy, why can't I leave?"
" Because I know a lot of people who will want to hurt you because you're my daughter." She pouted, then nodded, and I sat down on the couch, sitting her on my lap.
" I want pizza for dinner." I chuckled, nodding,
" What kind of pizza?"
" Extra Cheese." I smiled, then nodded, I always wanted her to be happy, I never wanted her to cry.

Once I brought her the pizza, she squealed and jumped up onto the counter, I chuckled and sat the pizza next to her. She said" Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!" Her excited behavior going everywhere, then the candle next to her burst into flame, I quickly pulled her away from it and she held onto my arm. The flame went out once she got scared, I looked at her, she looked at me. I whispered" Do that again, Jordyn." She stared at the candle and the flame appeared again, I put her down and then she stopped the flame. " Jordyn, look at me, darling." She looked at me," Forget everything that you've done in these past minutes." She nodded, I looked away from her, she grabbed a slice of pizza and bit into it, she yelped and dropped it, squeaking" Hot! Hot! Hot!"
I watched her amusingly, She pouted as she saw the smile that creeped onto my face," Not funny, Daddy!"
" Actually, darling, I believe that was very funny."
She started punching my chest, I chuckled and then held her hands gently. She whined and got off of the counter, walking to her room, I followed her.