Chapter 3

Jordyn's POV
I turned 12 a week ago, my daddy came in and laughed as he saw me hanging from my bunk bed and smiling at him. He said" Your feet are slipping."
I said" I'll be fine." Then I slipped, I laughed and then I didn't hit the ground, My dad was holding me.
" Fine, Darling? You just nearly knocked your head in."
" I know." He chuckled then put me down on the couch, he kissed my head and then sat down next to me." When can I leave the apartment?"
" Darling, we've been over this a million times. I have enemies that will try to use you as leverage."
" But they don't have to know, Marcel knows me, he'll help protect me, won't he?"
" Yes, he will. But I need to protect my daughter by keeping her safe and sound, where she sees me everyday."
I smiled and then kissed his cheek, I tackled him off the couch, I laughed as he looked at me then smiled.
" Yay! I tackled Daddy!"
" Bath time, Darling."
" Fine, Are you gonna be here when I get out?"
" No, but I'll be back by bedtime."
I nodded, then walked to the bathroom, and started taking a shower.

Once I walked out of the bathroom in my pjs, my daddy was gone, I pouted but sat on the couch and watched tv, till someone knocked on the door. I whimpered, the knock wasn't familiar, I hid in my closet, and waited, I heard the door open and then I heard Marcel say" Jordyn, where are you? It's safe." I whimpered then he opened the door and then lifted me up into his arms.
I said" Someone was at the door, someone was there."
" I know, J, but I chased them off, everything is okay now."
I nodded, he carried me to the couch and sat me down, he sat next to me and we watched Princess and the Frog,
I said" Is that real?"
Marcel said" What?"
" Is that real?" I pointed to the mean guy and the shadow,
" No, it's not real, of course not. This is all pretend."

Marcel stayed with me till daddy came back, Daddy said" Marcel? Jordyn, bed, I'll be there in a minute." I got up and ran to my room, jumping into my bed and digging under the covers.

Elijah's POV
I looked at Marcel, once I heard Jordyn jump into her bed,
Marcel said" Dammit, Elijah."
I said" What?"
" Someone was at the door when I came by, I chased them off but... I came back so I could calm Jordyn down. I think someone knows she's here."
" We'll just find them and get rid of them."
He nodded, then walked out, I walked to Jordyn's room and sat on the bed,
She said" Daddy, someone was at the door."
I said" I know, darling, and I'm going to keep you safe, always." She nodded and laid down, I kissed her head, then whispered" Good night, Jordyn."
She whispered" Good night, daddy." Before yawning and turning to face the window as usual, I walked out of her room, and waited for a while before leaving making sure she wouldn't have any nightmares.
---
Once I arrived at the apartment, the next morning, the door was busted in, I ran inside and saw Marcel cradling the terrified Jordyn, and then Josh walked from the corner.
Marcel said" He was with me when I heard her scream, I got here as fast as I could, the guy was already gone. Jordyn was in the closet shaking."
He passed Jordyn to me, and I held her and she whimpered into my neck,
I said" Darling, can you tell me what happened?"
She whispered" A man came in here, he was saying weird words, then he looked at me and tried to cut my hand. But Celly got here and the man ran away."
" Did the man say his name?"
" Fine?"
My jaw tensed, Finn, my brother.
Josh said" Okay, what is all of this?"
Marcel said" Josh, meet Jordyn. Jordyn, this is Josh, one of my friends."
I said" Jordyn, darling, go play in your room. The adults have to talk." I put her down and she ran into her room, closing the door," Jordyn was abandoned by her family, so when I found her, I took her in as my own. She knows nothing of the supernatural, and I'm planning to keep it that way till I can't. She lives here because I don't exactly want her near my brother or siblings, but I'm guessing it won't be long till they now since Finn was here."
Marcel said" We'll kill him, he's a witch now, he can die."
" If we can find him, we kill him."
---
We found Finn rather quickly, which was a surprise, I said" Finn, why would you break into an apartment?"
Finn said" That little girl is powerful, she's a witch, but seems she doesn't know that."
Marcel said" I'm going to kill you."
" Try, Marcellus." Josh held back Finn's arms, and then Marcel attacked, I walked to him,
Whispering" No one messes with my family." Then snapped his neck, Josh dropped the body and then we left quickly.