Chapter 17

Jordyn's POV
It's been 4 years since I left New Orleans to start my own life, I got pregnant and was too scared to return home but recently talked with Uncle Kol and knew none of them were angry at me for getting pregnant at a young age. I'm 20, with a 4 year old little boy, Phoenix, my adorable baby boy.
I parked my car, and then got out, I walked to the backseat and lifted Phoenix out of his seat and then placed him on the ground.
He said" Mommy, where we now?"
I said" Finally at our destination, after hours and hours of driving."
" Good."
I laughed," Alright, come on." He held my hand and we started walking up the street.
We got to the French quarter and then we started looking at things. Phoenix knew I was a real witch, and that his family were the original vampires but have never met them in person. We got to the park, and he started playing on the play set, I sat down, watching him, then my eyes were covered and I heard the familiar voice of Josh,
He said" Guess who?"
I said" A vampire who so happens to be my best friend?"
" Yeah." He uncovered my eyes and then sat next to me," Hey, they told me you were coming back but I didn't expect to see you this earlier."
" Yeah, well... I was quicker than I thought, uh... I have a son, you know that, right?"
" I do, and I want to meet him, but I feel like Elijah would actually kill me if he wasn't the first one to meet his grandson."
" Oh, yeah, come by tonight, they're making a dinner, I guess. They said it was a surprise, so... do you know?"
" I know, but I'm not telling you."
" Love you, Josh."
" Love you too, Jordyn." Then he was gone, I smiled, I missed them so much, but I wanted to have my own life, out of the quarter for a bit. After a bit, Phoenix ran back to me and wrapped his arms around my stomach. I smiled, and lifted him up, standing up, I secured him on my hip and then started walking.
We started getting closer to the palace, when I felt someone following us, I turned and saw a few people following us. I put Phoenix down, then crouched down,
I whispered" Run to that M, right there, and scream as loud as you can, okay?"
Phoenix nodded, then mumbled" Who are they?"
" Bad people, go now." He took off running, he's fast for his age, I stood up and two of the people tried to get past me, I started mumbling incantations, pushing the people back, their eyes turned black, vampires... great.

Elijah's POV
Niklaus and I were upstairs, setting Jordyn's room up so her child could sleep in the same room as her. I heard a little boy screaming, Niklaus and I looked at each other then sped downstairs, stopping at the stairs to see a little boy, no older than 5, and terrified. We walked downstairs and to him, crouching down,
He said" Mommy's fightin' bad people."
I said" Who's your mommy, what's your name?"
" Phoenix. My mommy's Jordyn. Th-This Mikael-Kaelson palace?"
" Yes, now, come along, take us to your mommy." I stood up and lifted him into my arms, Niklaus and I followed the directions of Phoenix, my grandson. I saw Jordyn, fighting back against a group of vampires," Phoenix, do you know who I am?"
" Papa erijah."
" Okay, do you know who he is?" I pointed to Niklaus,
" 'Ncle Nik."
" Okay, I need you to go to him, and don't leave his arms no matter what, okay?"
" Okay." I handed over the small child to Niklaus and then sped to help my daughter, She saw me and sighed, I smiled and then stared at the vampires,
" Stay away from my daughter or I will kill you." The Vampires sped away without a word, I hugged Jordyn tightly, she smiled and hugged me back,
She said" Oh, my god. Where's Phoenix?" Then Niklaus walked over and Phoenix went into her arms, she hugged him tightly," Hey, Hey, Phoenix. Are you okay?"
He said" Yes, mommy."
" Okay, looks like you met your grandpa and uncle 1, how are they?"
" Cool." I smiled, watching her interact with her son, Jordyn turned to me and smiled.
I said" Come along, let's go home. Show Phoenix to Rebekah and Kol." She put Phoenix down and then held his hand, we all started making our way back to palace.
Once we got back, I watched as Jordyn smiled and then was swept off her feet and spun around, she laughed and then held onto Kol as he spun her around. He put her down, and smiled, kissing her head, He said" Jordyn! I've missed you, so much. Oh, is this the little one?" He crouched down next to Phoenix, smiling at him," Hey, what's your name?"
Phoenix said" Spin! Spin!"
" Oh, your name is spin? I think it's Phoenix." He stood up and lifted him up, spinning him around, as he did to Jordyn. He stopped and Phoenix held onto him as he got dizzy.
I said" Where's Rebekah?"
" Going crazy in the kitchen, quite funny, she's sending me to the bakery to get the cake she's ordered. Jordyn, you're not allowed in the dining room or any other room except for hers, where your dress is. Elijah has been assigned decorations and Nik, you've been assigned as help in the kitchen."
Jordyn said" Who's going to watch Phoenix?"
" That's my job."
" Kol, don't lose him."
" I won't. He'll be fine, won't you, Phoenix?"
Phoenix said" I'll be okay, mommy."
Jordyn said" Okay, be good, don't leave your Uncle Kol's side, alright?"
" Okay, mommy." She kissed his head then walked off upstairs to Rebekah's room.
Kol smiled, saying" See you soon, brothers."
I said" Alright, keep an eye on him, Kol."
" I will. Don't worry. Rebekah has an extra little surprise for her, keep her out of my room."
" Alright, go ahead." He nodded, then walked out of the palace.