Chapter 4

Sarabi P.O.V

As I was working I got a phone call. But who would call me in the middle of work. Other than my son i don't know who.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Yes is this Ms. Sarabi Scott?" A male voice came through the phone.

"This is she."

"Well this is the hospital in Oxford, Mississippi we called to inform you that your mother is in the hospital. "

"What?! How what happen?"

"We were hoping you would come to the hospital ma'am."

"Thank you for calling I will be down in Oxford by tomorrow."

"Alright ma'am." the man hung up. My mom is in the hospital. I just talked to her yesterday she was fine and peachy and happy. What the hell happen the peachy and fine. I love my mother if she was sick she would tell me. I went in to Joey's office since he begged for one.

"Joey, my mom is in the hospital. I'm going to Oxford to see her. I-"

"What happen to Mrs.Victoria? Is she alright? I'm going to Oxford with you no arguments. Mrs.Victoria is like a 2nd mother me." I just nodded because she was actually a mother to him. Hell we did live with him and his family. Just think about her being in the hospital makes me want to scream.

"Ok Joey..." He got up and gave me. Hug. I called a meeting in the board room.

"Me and Joey have to leave for a couple days. I have a family emergency. I will leave Sam in charge while I am gone. Don't stop bringing In boxers. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am understood."

"B1.04L!"

"B1.04L!"

"Dismiss." After the meeting Joey went home to pack and I went to go pick Noah up from school.

"Mom why did you pick me up early from school today?"

"Grandma is in the hospital Noah. We are going to Oxford to see her."

"What happen? I hope nothing seriously bad happen to her Grandma V does not need to get hurt." he said in a stern voice.

"That is why we're going to find out all of us."

"All? Who else is coming?"

"Joey"

"Yay Uncle Joey is coming!" I never seen him so happy in my life. He does need a father figure in his life. I guess it's alright for him to be excited.

"We have to go home and pack. We are staying for a week. It doesn't mean you won't do school work. Your teachers are going to email me your school work." My baby ain't going to flunk 8th grade.

"Oh mom what would I do with out you."

"Still be in that horrible foster home. With those evil people." we laughed.

When we got home and packed out bags I called Joey. To see of he was coming but he was already in the yard when I called. Man he can drive fast.

"Hey Sarabi and Noah y'all ready to hit the road. I'm taking my car. I didn't want to over bare your truck." he had like six bags. What man needs Six bags. They should only need one.

"I guess your wondering why I have all this. One bag is full of hair things. Man has to say beautiful ya know. I have my game systems and Video games. Food for the road and the rest is clothes."

"Let's just go." I set the alarm grabbed the gun. I have a gun license in Mississippi and California so I'm ok. We go in our cars and drove. I am worried about my mom. I don't want anything to happen to her she is all I have left.