Chapter 7

Sarabi P.O.V

The next morning I woke up in my old bed Joey sleeped in his old room Noah sleeped in one of the guess room. I missed my old room I left all my artwork on the walls ,my piano had go kind of dusty, my window still had the perfect few of the woods. The smell of pine-cones in the morning but the only thing missing was my mother. I missed her so much she gone forever and all because of my ruthless father. I stood at the window in wonder of what is going to happen next who else will try to ruin my life.

Its seem like time had frozen for the moments I spend alone all I can do is move on. I use to think my life was worth nothing. I never showed anyone that though I always showed the hostile side. Now that I feel happy and free someone has to come in and ruin it. Good thing I have my son and Joey. I remember when my mom told me about how Joey confessed his love for me. She really wants me to give him a chance. I will give him a chance it was in her wishes. Just to see her stop breathing made my heart sink down into the acid in my stomach it burned with hatred and anger. But at the end of the day the world keeps turing.

I sat at my piano dusting it off. It still had that white shine that it always had. I sat down and played a couple notes, then I played some chords, then those chords became a song. I sang my heart out it was like music therapy.

" Now that your gone I'm singing this song. You meant the world to me how you treat me as I am and didn't tell me how I should be. They beat you and treated you like trash they broke you like a piece of glass but instead you kept it together. You where there for me through the stormy whether.

You will be missed I hope your wings shine with bliss and that god opens haven ways for you. But now that your gone I'm sining this song, I'm singing this song for you.

Oh, there's nothing I can do but think of you. There is nothing I can say your in a better place dancing on clouds. You are the greatest no need for hatin' you never let me down. All I can do is cry because you really tried but the world let you down. But all I can say is wait for me at haven gates we will meet again. But for now look down on me watch me grow again." I breathed in taking in more air and I breathed out I felt the warm salty tears rolling down my cheeks. She tried she really did and she said she fail me but she didn't. I cried so hard.

"How many wars have you fought? How many battles have you lost? I'm sorry you had to pay the cost. Now that your in paradise hope you had a good life because you did the most. I appreciate you and cherish you for life. Now that your go I'm singing this song, I'm singing it for you much love Ma cause you were my solider." I cried more. I took a breath but the more I took in air I cried even harder. Then I found a pair of muscular arm pulling me in close. It was Joey he held me close I cried into his bare chest. I hugged him I needed someone. Noah came in and hugged me along with Joey. It was a big bear hug I felt the love.

"Mom we all miss her. I love you I hate to see you hurt. I miss her mom but we have to stay strong." I kissed Noah on top of his forehead it was like he was getting wiser everyday.

"Your right baby, which, is why I love you."

"Sarabi we can get through this. I miss her too. She taught me things that sometime my own mom didn't teach me. I'm sorry that I hurt you in high school. Your everything to me." said Joey squeezing me more.

"I...can't...breath...can...you...please...le-t go." I said then he let me go.

"Sorry I was in the moment." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Where are your parents?"

"They went to go buy some things for breakfast and some food too cook at the funeral." just the word 'funeral' made me cringe.

"Oh ok." I said there was a silence. Then Noah quickly broke it.

"Uncle Joey can we play some video games?"

"Sure you mom can join."

"Mom can't play can she?"

"Your mom was killer in Call of Duty"

"Ok I'll go get it set up." he left me and Joey were left in the room. He stared at and smile. His blonde hair was a mess, his blue eyes shine in the sun light. To be honest he looked really good in the morning.

"I really love your son he is like my own." he said holding my hand." It's like he is my long lost son." I smiled at him. He was trying to fix what happen in high school I could tell.

"Well he knows how to forgive easily. So he is a kind hearted person. I hate to see him hurt."we sat in silence. We stared at each other for sometime. Then he leaned in and kissed me. For some seconds I took in the shock but then I found my self kissing back. It felt like shocks going through my body. It felt nice.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time." he said pulling away and smiling. He caressed my cheek whipping away the tears. "Your so beautiful in the morning."

"I got it set up! Y'all ready to kick some but!?" Noah yelled. Me and Joey got up and walked to Noah's room hand in hand. We played video games for the rest of the morning.