Chapter 14

Joey P.O.V

I like holding her in my arms she straddled me but she was sleep. She looked like a angel all she needed was wings.

"Uncle Joey? What are you doing here?" I heard Noah he was standing in the door way.

"Your mom has a fever, I came to take care of her. Just try not to make to much noise because she has a headache."

"Thank you for being here Uncle Joey, I hope she gets better." he walked out of the door way. Here skin was hot, but yet smooth like silk, it felt like I was burning my hand just by touching her.

"Your going to get better baby I promise." I whispered gently in her ear. I put her on the other side of the bed and I got up to take care of Noah.

"Noah, how bout I cook us some dinner." Noah head poked out the door of his room.

"You can cook?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Men can cook too ya know."

"No, I can cook I don't trust you in mom's kitchen." he said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh really you know how to cook?"

"Well, back in the foster home I was staying in they made me do everything. Including cooking so I am pretty much a chef but you don't look like you cook."

"Fine, cook I want to see what your made of."

"Well I'm made of skin and bones and blood, mixed with a little bit of cockiness." he was truly a smart ass he reminded me of me when I was younger.

"Right now your all talk and no show." I said crossing my arms.

"So are you, wanna bet?"

"Fine, we cook the same food then we will see who is the best by giving it to your mom."

"Cool, who ever loses has to pay $20." At least Noah knows how to make a good bet and not costing me money $20 is nothing to me at this point.

"Bet" I put my hand out.

"Bet" he shook it.

"Now what is your mom favorite food?" We though about it for a while then it snapped.

"Chicken Alfredo!" we both said together.

"Ready go!" we ran in the kitchen and pulled out pots and pans. We got down in that kitchen. We were racing but our food was done at the same time. I pulled out some bowls.

"Joey what's going on and why are y'all in my kitchen?" I heard a dominant , yet soft voice, it was Sarabi.

"Now baby I told you I want you up stairs resting no walking you need to cool off." I picked her up and carried her. She felt perfect in my arms, a little heavy but I love they was she feels in my arms. I put her back in bed she sat up. She gave a pouty face she looked adorable."Awe, you look cute when you scrunch up your face, I be right back with dinner." I pecked her on her lips, which I wanted to kiss longer, and walked down stairs.

"Alright Noah bring the tray with the food and I will bring the drinks." he nodded and got the food I grabbed 3 Dr.Peppers and walked up stairs Noah was waiting for me by the door.

"Get ready to lose Uncle Joey"

"You wish," I open the door."Hey babe we bought dinner we cooked your favorite." she gave a sweet smile.

"Hey Noah baby how was school?"

"It's was great mom, made all 100s on my test."

"That's what I'm talking about!"she said softly.

"Mom, don't worry about me ok? How are you feeling?"he walked over and sat the tray in front of her.

"Chicken Alfredo!"

"Yep your favorite!" I gave her a genuine smile.

"But why are there 4 bowls?" She soda curious.

"Well, your trying two kinds mine, and Noah's. I'm trying Noah and he is trying mine we want to see which one you like best. Blue bowl is Noah's and the red bowl is mine."

"Lets say grace." she put her hands together. After prayer we started eating. When I tasted Noah's it was like the Greek gods granted him the gift of cooking. I never tried anything better than this. I looked over to see how he was enjoying mine he looked surprised. He nodded his head in approval. When Sarabi got through she leaned back.

"Who's is better?" Noah asked bluntly.

"Joey it's good to know that you know how to cook, but Noah's had more flavor you just needed to add a little more salt."

"Yes!" Noah said I pulled out a crisp $20 and gave it to Noah.

"This was a bet?" Sarabi noticed.

"Yep, but it's good to know that you like my cooking." I kissed her on her forehead.

"Y'all have better cleaned up my kitchen." Sarabi sounded like and old southern women.

"Yes love we cleaned it up," I laid down beside her."You have nothing to worry about baby." I got up and cleaned up all the stuff in the bed. After I cleaned up I went right back to Sarabi's bed side.

"Joey you really don't have to do this." she said.

"In sickness and in health baby, in sickness and in health."

"You make it sound like were married."

"That is what I intend on doing to marry you BabyDoll."

"Joey why did you pick me? You could have any other girl you want."

"You different from girls your not even a girl your a woman. A full grown woman. I love you for that I don't want you to doubt in you mind that I don't love you." I said making her straddle me again.

"You make me happy always." I said looking in her brown eyes. "Your my delicious chocolate."

"Your my white chocolate."she responded.

"God, I love you."

"I love him too."

"I love you Sarabi, I always will."

"I love you Joey, thank you for being here for me and Noah."

"Here is were I want to be." I stayed the whole night with her taking care of her every need.

A/N: Hope y'all enjoying the book. Joey's BabyDoll or Paul's Sweetheart? What's your favorite Sarabi line in the book? Thank you for reading Much Love

KDF_28😘❤️🌹