22

"Sans! Come one sans!"

Papyrus was pulling me by my arm and out of the house. How adorable. We were inside just hanging out, when we saw a lemonade stand with an . . . odd . . . tender. It was a fire elemental. Which was weird, because we were in snowden, and weirder because it was a lemonade stand.
That didn't stop papyrus though, he was excited as ever to get lemonade.

"Two lemonades please?" My statement was more of a question, I was flustered, but I didn't know why.

We waited there for awhile, and he started tapping on the stand. I turned back to him, about to lose it when I noticed he was tapping on the surface next to two cups.

"Why wouldn't you just tel us?"

He became very anxious, waving his hands and shaking his head as in to say no. And the started signing.

He was mute.

"Hey, what's the big idea, don't give my brother a silent treatment like that!"

"Papyrus. He's a mute. He can't talk."

Paps looked at me, and then to the flame. Then to the cup.

"Geez paps, there was no need to get hot headed!" I laughed at my own pun, which made him angry, and he started yelling at me.

I looked back to the flame and unexpectedly saw him laughing a silent laugh too.

He's adorable.

I couldn't control the flush rushing to my face. It was going to go blue and it would be insanely embarrassing.

I pulled my hoodie up. And grabbed my cup.

"Get you're drink paps."

And then we left.

Grillbies pov

I was sitting at my table, when someone came up.

"Hey." I looked up. It was the skeleton from earlier.

I waved, but I couldn't talk. Not yet. I had to wait until I was older. Until my magic was stronger.

"So um . . . I didn't catch your name from earlier?"

I went to sign, but then looked up to him hopelessly. I don't think he knew how to sign. And I couldn't talk.

"Oh! Right, here!"

He handed me a pen and paper. And I went to work. And this is how we communicated for awhile. He would ask me questions and I'd write it. And I'd ask him questions.

After a few days. I started to teach him how to sign. And after a few weeks. We just signed to each other. It was great. He was my first friend.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry out, I wanted to hurl myself off a cliff and join him. I wanted to be along side him. I didn't want him to leave. It wasn't fair. He was so young. Too young. He didn't even get a deploma. It wasn't fair. This wasn't fair. I wanted nothing more than to sob and hold someone close and . . .

I wanted him.

I sat there infront of his figure. He was dying. He was dying right here. On this hospital bed. And there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. My best friend. The most amazing, hilarious skeleton that I've ever met.

He was dying.

No one knew what happened. He just dropped. Everyone thought it was a joke, but I was smarter. I new that something was wrong. Something so very wrong. All of it was wrong. All of it was stupid. All of it was unfair.

I didn't even get to tell him.

I loved this skeleton. It was undeniable. Unmistakable. I was head over heals for him. And now he was as good as dead. He was a goner. He was lost. A lost soul. But I still loved him.

And then the line went flat.

Sans POV.

"I really like you. But. I can't." He spoke out. His words were slathered in sympathy. I was at the brink of tears as he said this, I noddednodded in understanding. I get it. I wouldn't want me either.

"Okay." I turned and walked away, but not before he reached out and grabbed my arm.

"Sans . . ?"

I didn't look at him. I couldn't. I refused to let him see me hurt. I was always the strong one out of us. I was always the one who held their ground. It wouldn't be right to see me cry.

"Maybe . . . In the future . . . we could try something . . ?"

I walked away. I didn't need his lues to comfort me. I liked him. A lot. But I didn't need that. No one needs lies like that. No one needs that. No one needs me.

And it just never ended right.