one

warning ~ this book is cliche, deal with it.

Christina woke up to the familiar sound of her family's rooster, stretching her arms lazily. She knew that it was the last morning home in Texas for a while. That day was when she would move to California, away from the country and into the modern city world. It was a little nerve racking, moving away from your loved ones to a place you've never been before. She was so used to the warm aura of the country that she didn't know what to expect of Los Angeles.

The brunette reluctantly got out of bed after laying there for a bit, already knowing she will soon miss her room. She ran thin fingers through her hair while walking to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she walked downstairs, anticipating for what the day would bring.

The sound of fresh bacon sizzling on the pan flowed through Christina's ears as she made her way to the kitchen. Julie, her mother was at the stove cooking breakfast. She turned around at the sound of someone walking in and smiled, seeing her daughter. "Good morning, ready for your big day?" She smiled warmly. " Kinda nervous, but I promise I'll make you and dad proud. " Christina's smile faltered slightly at the mention of her father, making Julie rub her shoulder in affection. "I'm so happy for you honey, stay safe in LA." She kissed her daughter's forehead. " Remember that whatever you choose, I'll support you." Christina just smiled in response, everything speaking for just happiness.

Their small moment was interrupted by the sound of loud clanging boots darting down the stairs. Soon a small head covered by a cowboy hat poked into the room. Christina grinned, "Hey buddy, did you sleep well?" Her brother, Tyler just shrugged, looking up at his family adoringly. "Yeah." He replied simply before Christina pinched his little cheeks making him scrunch his nose up and stick out his tongue. "Eww, don't do that Christy I'm not a baby." He slapped her hands away with his own smaller ones. She just smiled, "Alright, whatever you say Ty."

Christina moved over to the table, sipping orange juice from the cup that was already placed there. "Did you pack everything yet?" Julie asked, scooping bacon on a plate for Tyler. "Of course mom, my luggage is all at the door. Don't worry about me." Christina reassured her mom before looking at the clock, there was only an hour left before she had to leave home.