six

Christina's pov

My heart was beating as fast as i was running. I couldn't go back to my dorm room, my room mates would ask what was wrong and hover all over me. It was the first day in college and I didn't make any other friends. I paced my mind and immediately thought of Jonah. He gave me his number earlier so I grabbed my phone and texted him

C=Christina // J= Jonah

iMessage

C: Hey its Christina, are you free?

J: Yeah I have free time right now so i'm in the Campus library

C: Can we meet up at the cafe in 30 min? I just want some company

J: Sure, ill be there!

I only had 30 min to get ready so I snuck into my dorm room. Luckily, no one was there so i quickly hopped in the shower, washed my face and redid my makeup. I wanted to look cute for Jonah because I had basically given up on Corbyn. After I was done it barely looked like I was crying.  I checked my phone and saw i only had 2 minutes to walk down to the cafe so I grabbed my purse and ran out the front door.

Jonah's pov

I waited there at the cafe. Was this a date? Did she like me? i had no idea. All of a sudden she burst into the cafe, panting. 

"Oh hi Jonah" she said smiling, out of breath "Sorry I'm late i rushed over here as fast as i could" I laughed. she was so pretty even though she was tired. "oh its totally fine. So why did you call me here?" "well I just felt like talking to someone. i guess I'm still getting used to this new college life and well, its kind of hard." she said playing with her hair. "I just wanted to hang out with a true friend." i tried to hide it but my face fell. i was just friend zoned. ¨ uhmm is something wrong?" she looked concerned. I forced a smile. ¨no no everything is great. umm but yeah you know everyone gets that feeling sometimes. ¨ for the next hour we sat together, talked and drank coffee. Christine was so sweet and so nice, i felt close to her. I decided to hide the fact that i liked her, because i didnt want to ruin our friendship. After all, she called me a true friend. 

Christine's pov

Me and Jonah became fast best friends. I admit, he is cute but he didn't have what that boy had. Afterwards we parted ways and i went back to my dorm room. As i was walking back, Jonah texted me his schedule. I smiled, we had the same first class. When i walked into my dorm room, my room mates immediately ran towards me and gave me a hug. "Hannah told us what happened with Corbyn." Mia said. Oh so his name is Corbyn, i though "no its fine... i should of told you guys. I've met Corbyn before in the airport. We.. bumped into each other. Literally. And, i really really like him. Just what hannah did surprised me. " " oh my goodness im so sorry... I'll totally back off if that's what needs to be done. " i thought about it. " it seemed like you two really liked each other. it would be so selfish of me if i took that away from you. I dont even know if he likes me back! all i know is that he is the one." hannah sighed. i could tell she was dissapointed. " no Christine, i will find out if he likes you back. " I know how much you like him." i smiled. "Come here guys" we group hugged. " I'm glad we had this talk, but i have my first class in 10 minutes, Mia we need to move fast." Sophie said as she stood up. "Yeah we better get going. what about you guys? " She looked over at me and Hannah. " I'm going to the library to study for a test." Hannah said gathering her textbooks. "Oh, I guess i'll be staying here, i have no plans." i sighed. " bye guys!" i waved to them as they walked out of the door. 

I decided to Face Time my Mom to see how she is doing. I first called my mom. She picked up right after I pressed call. " Hi sweetie! how are you doing in California?" i didn't want to tell her about what happened with Corbyn so i just said " Hi mom! yes its amazing so far. My room mates are so nice and I've already settled down in my room." I showed her around the room then said hi to my little brother Joshua. We sat down to chat for a few minutes then "talked" to my father's portrait on the mantle. We hung up and i decided i was getting kind of hungry so i walked down to the cafe to buy some lunch. I ordered some avocado toast and rasberry iced tea. As i waited for my food to come, i heard someone say my name. "christine?!" i looked up and immediately shot out of my seat and smiled. "OMG!" it was...

A/N : hahaha sorry for the cliffhanger. if you enjoyed this story so far please vote and follow me! Also thank you so much for 100+ reads on this book! it doesn't seem like a lot but it means a lot to me. stay awesome!