7- New Kids (part 2)

Scott's P.O.V

It's Wednesday and Malia still hasn't been discharged from the hospital. I had a free period before the end of the day so I decided to go visit Malia. I arrived at the hospital and went to Malia's room only to find it empty. I asked mum where she was and she pointed to Malia talking to a little girl and an old couple. I walked up to her and realised she was comforting them, telling them that everything was going to be just fine. It baffled me that although she was the one in the hospital, she put her own needs behind her and helped others. Malia truly is an amazing girl. She was playing with the little girl, when I walked up to her. She saw me and got up to give me a hug, I hugged her back. She turned to the old couple and said "This is Scott" she then turned to me and said "Scott, this is John and Diana Meade and their gorgeous granddaughter Kylie." She said gesturing to the old couple and then the little girl. I'm guessing she told them about me. I shock John's hand and then gave Diana a hug and waved to Kylie, she ran up to me and jumped up at me. I lifted her up, tickled her and then put her down. I saw Malia tear up a little, I kind of guessed she was thinking about her younger sister Kylie. I turned to the couple and said "It's nice to meet you guys." I then turned to Malia and she waved at Kylie and then returned to her room with me behind her. She came up to me and gave me another hug and we stood there for a few minutes. Once we pulled away she said "I missed you, but aren't you meant to be in school?" "I had a free period and figured I haven't spent time with you in a while so, I decided to visit you" I replied. A huge smile spread across her face, she came up to me gave me a kiss on my cheek then sat on her bed and so did I. We spent the next few hours talking about random things and laughing at how Stiles reacts whenever Allison is brought up in conversation. I love Lia's laugh it is so contagious, I could listen to it all day.

After a few hours mum came and told Malia she was strong enough to go home. She smiled brighter than ever, I offered her a ride home and she agreed. After she had changed she went up to Kylie and the old couple to say goodbye. I went with her, she said she would come back tomorrow at lunch to visit and see how things were. She grabbed my hand and we both made our way to the doors hand in hand. I drove her home and she invited me in. Stiles and Liam were shocked to see her but once she had said she was discharged they became more relaxed. It was about 5pm so we decided to watch some films. We watched 2 horror films before I left. I thought Malia would get terrified but she watched and didn't flinch once. Liam on the other hand kept flinching, but covered it by saying he was just cold although none of us believed him. During the second film Malia put her head on my shoulder, so I put my arm around her and a few minutes later she out cold. I watched as her chest rose and fell when she breathed in or out, whilst sleeping. I was lost in thought and completely lost track of time. I had missed the whole film. Once the film had finished I carried Malia up to her room and placed her on her bed. I pulled the covers over her and whispered "Night Lia." I gave her a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

I was sleeping in my bed when I heard my phone go off, my mood instantly lifted as I knew there was only one person that would call at this time of night. Indeed it was Malia. It became a habit now, she would FaceTime me in the middle of the night if she was ever scared or lonely and we would just talk for hours. By the time we said goodbye to each other it would be morning. I clicked answer and smiled at Malia's sleepy expression. "Did you have another nightmare?" I asked her. "No, I just missed the sound of your voice." I smiled at her response, I loved how blunt and straightforward she was. "No need to be so pleased with yourself" she said cheekily, I chuckled at her comment. She smiled but I could see the sadness in her eyes, so I asked her if she was okay. "I just need to see you" she replied. "Ok, meet me in the clearing of the woods in 10 minutes ok? You know where I changed you back." I said, "Ok" she responded quietly.

I grabbed a shirt and pulled it on, beforejumping out of my window and running towards the woods. I came into theclearing and found Malia waiting for me. I crept up behind her and put my handsover her eyes. "Scott, what are you doing? This isn't making me feel anybetter" she said "Walk forwards until I say stop" I simply said. She groanedbut did as I asked. I kept giving her directions until we came to the lookoutpoint. It was my favourite point in the woods. I sometimes came up here toclear my mind and admire Beacon Hills from a different point of view. I used tocome here with Kira. I took my hands away from Malia's eyes and she gasped asshe saw how beautiful Beacon Hills was from up here. She turned around to faceme, grabbed my hand and said "I'm sorry I take it back, this is making me feelbetter. Being up here, with you looking over the town." I sat down and so didshe. "Are you okay?" I asked as she leant on me. She let out a sigh and said"I've been thinking and well, I, uh, I don't deserve to be alive and I don'tdeserve Stiles' and Liam's forgiveness and I definitely don't deserve to bepart of the pack. On top of that I don't deserve a kind and honest and caringfriend like you Scott. If I'm honest I don't really know why you don't hate me,considering you know what I did." I was shocked at her response. "Malia" Isaid, lifting her so that she was facing me. "How could you think like that?" Isaid holding her hands in mine "...I am honoured that you are a member of mypack, and I am even more honoured to call you my best friend. You deserve theworld ok? There's no point in saying otherwise because I know you do. You arethe most beautiful girl I have ever met, and you always put other people'sneeds before your own. I love your smile and your laugh, I love how blunt youcan be and I love how I can't sleep at night because I just can't wait to hearyour sleepy voice come through my phone." I said, I then lifted one of herhands to my chest and placed it over my heart, so that she could feel my heartbeat and said "You deserve the world Malia Dunbar!" I said it slowly so thatshe could tell if I was lying or not. "You weren't lying" she said indisbelief. "Why would I?" I asked, she shrugged in response. I pulled hertowards me, she sat in between my legs leaning against my chest, her hands inmine. We sat there for what felt like hours, talking about tomorrow's plan andgazing over our quiet but full of life town. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i kind of messed up my chapter names, this is more just scalia fluff but who cares coz they are adorable <3