Chapter 5

It's hard to say how much time has passed, but it feels like a while when I hear the door unlock and hiss again. I sit up on the bed and eye the two soldiers who stalk in and uncuff me from the wall, just to cuff me again. This time they're motioning with their laser beams for me to step out from the cell.

The inside of the craft is clean, neat, and shiny. We walk on blindingly shiny black corridors, both narrow and wide. Mostly wide. We pass control panels and doors, a dozen pairs of soldiers, and then we turn to go through gloomy and metallic corridors until finally, we get to where my journey's end apparently was. The soldiers use a complicated looking touch screen panel to open the door and we step in.

What? This can't be my new jail cell.

There's a living room area with seats, it kind of reminds me of the futuristic lobby seats at work. And then there's a dining room a couple steps above it, with a door to what I assume, would be the bedroom. Everything is dark and sleek and I'm petrified when I think of the ship I'm inside in. This ship has brought so much terror and demise to so many people. The bedroom door swooshes open and he steps out, with his terrifying mask on. I wrinkle up my brow.

"Where did you bring me?" I ask.

"You know where you are." The mechanic voice says through the mask.

"In your--" I start while eyeing around.

"Living quarters." He cuts me off.

I tilt my head to look at him sharply. "Why?"

Kylo Ren doesn't reply. I'm still handcuffed and guarded by two soldiers. He waves his hand and the soldiers leave us alone, door securing behind me. I raise my bound hands to him. He shakes his head. I drop my arms defeated. What the hell am I doing here?

Kylo Ren steps closer to me and my instincts want me to back away from the monster in the mask, but I've decided I can't keep being continuously scared of him. I hate to acknowledge it but I think I might have to stay... here, a while, and I'd rather not be afraid at every turn. So I stand my ground. But he keeps inching closer and making it very difficult.

"At least take your mask off." I plead with him as I look at all the dents in it. Blows he's taken. To my amazement, he takes his mask off. It hisses and Kylo Ren frees his black hair from underneath it. He places the mask on a side table next to me, with a loud clink sound, sneaking a step closer to me at the same time. Kylo Ren looks all of a sudden so... human. Not some robot programmed to bring death and destruction to Earth. His skin is pale and dimpled. His eyes are as black as his shiny hair and his angular face makes him look peculiar, but admittedly he was, still, a handsome man.

How does the saying go again? The devil is not some little red man with horns, but the devil is beautiful, for he was once God's favorite.

Ice runs down my back.

"Now you are scared." He states.

"You're not exactly who I thought you were." I grit my teeth.

"And exactly who did you think I was?" He asks and tilts his head. It reminds me of a predator. I don't reply. I was being irresponsible that night and now here I was. Partly this is my own doing. Partly, I am to blame for being here. But only partly, I might've given him consent to come inside my home, I might've allowed him in my kitchen, but I certainly did not give him consent to kidnap me.

"That's what I thought." He scoffs and turns his back to me to look out the colossal oblong window, at the end of the living room space.

"Kylo Ren", saying his name out loud still startles me, this, not being scared of him, will require a lot of work evidently, "why am I here?"