04

"How do you know that?" He growled, not sure who this man was. Nate reached under his shirt, pulling out an identical set of dog tags.

"You gave these to your wife after the birth of your son in 1955. The dent in the front was from an assassin's bullet when you saved President Roosevelt in 1939. Your son passed them down to his son, me."

"Oh for god's sake," Callie threw her hands in the air looking around at the rest of them. "Anyone got anymore potential secrets that should have been revealed earlier to avoid this situation?"

//.//

"Mr. Tyler," Stein said as they approached the man.

"See? Rex Tyler. Told you we knew the guy!" Ray exclaimed, causing Rex to squint at them all.

"I don't know you. Any of you. Tell me what the heck is going on here," he ordered, not sure what they were trying to pull over on him. He noticed their positons, making sure none of them were holding or doing anything dangerous to them all.

"Well, we tried explaining..." Sara started to address him, but he simply interrupted her.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, I was addressing the team leader," Rex replied, motioning to Stein.

Callie scoffed as did Sara while the rest of the team seemed taken back by Rex's command.

"Uh... uh... oh. Oh, well, simply put, we've come here as time travelers to identify aberrations in history and correct them," Stein stated, as if it was common fact.

"We're superheroes, like you guys!" Ray compared, grinning at them all.

"You think you're just like us? What are your qualifications?" Stargirl asked them, crossing her arms as she eyed the bunch of misfits up and down.

"Well, I used my personal fortune to create an advanced exo-skeleton, which is powered by dwarf star alloy," Ray explained, even though everyone knew they were not going to understand a word of what he just said.

"And I'm nothing like you. I'm a criminal." Mick laughed, causing everyone in the team to give him a glare.

"Are there any other felons on your team?" Amaya asked, smugly grinning as she knew they were just digging themselves into more trouble.

"No, no..." Ray replied, trying to save them from their demise.

"Yes." Mick butted in, pointing to Sara. "She's an assassin, but never convicted, right?"

There was a pause as Sara sheepishly waved slightly. She pointed to Callie standing to her right. "She's also an assassin," she paused, looking at the raven haired girl.

"We're protecting history. It's pretty important," Nate butted in, trying to drag them all out of the hole they just put themselves into.

"In the future, you risk your own life to save us, Mr. Tyler," Stein explained, trying to divert attention away from the assassins and on to the time travel.

"How do you know my name?" Rex replied again, holding himself back.

"Because you told us your name in 2016," Jax replied, fed up of having to repeat themselves.

Ray repeated the story of how they had met Rex before they had been caught up in all of the disaster with the atomic bomb. Callie hadn't been there for it, so this was as new to her as it was to Rex and his team.

"So I crashed your ship, told you some bunk about not staying in 1942, and then I just disappeared?" Rex asked, definitely not believing a word they were telling him.