11

"You know, I had this under control," Darhk said to Thawne, watching as the speedster took out all of the men that were aiming guns at him and the rest of the businessmen Darhk had been dealing with. The blonde man snarled as he turned to face Thawne, not having seen the man in such a long time.

"My way's faster," the speedster replied, a smirk plastered across his face as he saw the irritated look on the other's face.

"Speed isn't everything, Mr. Thawne. You should've learned that lesson by now," Damien jabbed before narrowing his eyes curiously. "What's it been... 45 years since you hired me to nuke New York?"

"Well, 45 years for you, maybe, but for me? Good seeing you again, old friend," Thawne said, nodding as he studied the blonde man.

"Old? That's fair. Friend? Now that's something that has to be earned," Darhk tried to sound convincing, but Thawne simply wasn't interested in his threats.

"Lovely piece. What is this? First century AD, if I'm not mistaken?" Thawne noted, suddenly interested in the artefact that Darhk was about to carry away with him from the illegal deal he had just carried out. 

"What is it that you want?" The man snapped, no longer interested in any sort of friendly banter that was potentially ever to exist between the two villains. 

"A partner," Thawne noted, a smirk across his face as he studied Darhk. He knew the man would decline him of the privilege  but he also knew exactly how to make him change his mind back.

"Pass... I prefer to work alone," Damien stated, beginning to turn away and pack up the artefact as he decided that Thawne was not offering him something that he was particularly interested in branching into.

"Oh, yeah, gathering your hive of followers, building your empire, designing your ark. Yeah, I know what you're planning. And how it works out and what raven haired brat finishes it all. You want to reshape the world? Try reshaping history. Try rewriting destiny..." Thawne trailed off, allowing Darhk to quickly realise that whoever ruins his plans in the future could easily be killed before it happens with Thawne's ability to timetravel.

"Try putting our partnership into concrete terms, as in, what's in it for me?"

"Well, perhaps content collecting symbols of power, but... I can give you actual power."

______________

"Where's it coming from?" Sara asked as they were all interrupted from their talk in the ship by the beeping of the aberration detector that Nate and Ray had help to make.

"Washington D.C., December 7, 1987. 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue," Nate muttered, with the majority of the ship knowing exactly where that address actually led to.

"So?" Mick grunted, a small smile finding its way on to her face as she thought about how little the man actually cared about the work that the team did.

"Dude, that's the White House!" Jax yelled, throwing his hands in the air as they all turned to look at the criminal.

"So what?" Mick asked, rolling his eyes at the looks they were all giving him. He didn't care about the government. 

"December 7th was the day before Reagan and Gorbachev signed the INF Treaty, reducing both countries' nuclear arsenals and paving the way for the end of the Cold War," Stein started, causing the raven haired assassin to pipe up at the sound of the certainty of his voice.

She moved forwards, out of the office to join the lose circle that they had all formed around the table where Gideon was displaying a map of the time aberration.