32

"Gideon, pull up anything you can. Press clippings, newspaper articles, re: NASA circa 1965."

"Certainly, Captain."

"Wait, wait, stop, stop. Right there. I'd recognize that Heywood jawline anywhere."

Callie scoffed at the comment, feeling like nothing had really changed since she had been gone. "Of course you do, pretty boy."

//.//

"I need it gone," Callie blurted, rolling over as she turned to face Sara. The shirtless girl blinked in confusion for a second before she realised what Callie meant.

"Right now?" Sara checked, and the second Callie nodded the blonde was on her feet and rummaging through the cupboard for hair dye. Callie watched the way the dim light shined against her bare back, every single scar visible to her eyes.

The girl slid out from under the covers, pulling a loose tshirt on as she grabbed a spare. Walking towards Sara, she passed the girl the old shirt while pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"What, trying to get me to cover up now?" Sara joked, pulling the shirt over her body as she turned around to smile at Callie. The Merlyn rolled her eyes as she lightly pushed at the blonde's shoulders.

"Shut it," she joked before moving towards the sink. Sara laughed before lying her hair back, opening the box of black hair dye and getting ready to make Callie look normal again.

___

"Today, NASA Flight Controllers are monitoring "Apollo 13," NASA'S seventh manned mission to the Moon!" Callie heard the tour guide exclaim through the comm link. She rolled her eyes, glad that she was not stuck as a tourist but was with Rip and Ray.

"We need to figure out a way to get into Mission Control," Sara said, looking around at the room before them.

"I don't think that's included in the tour."

Callie stopped still, nudging Rip and Ray as they entered the press room. The two men's eyes widened as they noticed the suited man that was standing at the front of the room, looking exactly the same as he did the last time they met him.

"Commander Heywood is not at Mission Control," Rip said, pressing the link on his ear as he looked at the man. Callie rolled her eyes at his theatrics, knowing that everything they did would be done much quicker if he just explained things faster.

"How do you know that?"

"Because we're looking right at him," Callie blurted, fed up of dancing around their discovery. Rip sent her a side look before clearing his throat and turning back to the front of the room.

"That's the Flight Director of NASA.They're probably debating on how to talk to the press about the oxygen tank explosion on "Apollo 13."" Ray told Callie, his excitement clear in his voice. The girl smiled faintly, while she didn't usually have time for stupid trivia, she was starting to appreciate that Ray was just a very passionate man and there was no way she would ever make him feel unwanted.

"Great to see you all!" Henry said, his eyes skimming the crowd. His eyes landed on Rip, the man smiling at him as he watched him address the room full of press. Henry moved towards Rip, the timemaster expecting a nice welcome from the man, but rather being greeted with a perfectly timed punch across the jaw.

"You son of a bitch!" The man hissed, pulling Rip up to snarl into his ear, before noticing the looks he was receiving from all of his colleagues and press around the room. "Sorry, folks. He doesn't have the right credentials. We take press access very seriously around here!" He shouted to the room, causing Callie and Ray to look down at the small badge that Gideon had made up for them previously.