10

"I think it's time we spoke," Sara said, her eyes soft as she looked at the assassin before her. They were sitting opposite each other in two of the flight seats, knowing that the rest of the team was training and therefore shouldn't interrupt them.

Callie nodded, looking up at Sara to motion for her to speak first. The blonde took a deep breath before continuing to speak.

"I was going to apologise," she started before hesitating. Callie leaned backwards into the chair more to heft more comfortable before interrupting.

"What changed your mind? The past tense there suggests that's no longer your intention," the Merlyn stated, her eyes piercing into Sara's the way that Malcolm's had done to the blonde many years before.

"I would be lying to you, and that's something we promised to never do," Sara explained, referring to the times they had trained together under Ra's al Ghul. Callie titled her head as she listened to her words.

"You're not sorry?"

"Callie, I'll never be sorry for kissing you like that," Sara started, causing Callie to realise they weren't talking about benching her on the mission like she thought they were. A slight blush crept to her cheeks as she realised her mistake but turned her attention back to the Lance. "There's always been something there, even when we both tried to act like it was just a friendship."

Callie gulped, because as much as she had never really thought into her sexuality, Sara was right. There had always been a strong friendship between the two, but underlying there was something much different. Ever since Laurel had introduced the two, something greater had began.

"I've got something to show you," Callie muttered, knowing now was as good a time as any to tell Sara one of the sacrifices she had made in her life for the blonde.

Sara stepped forward, watching as Callie pulled off her top. It wasn't sexual, especially as Sara was realising what Callie was about to show her. The raven haired girl flung the article to the floor, standing in front of Sara in her jeans and bra.

The scars scattered across her body. Sara could match a few on hers, but she had never really realised how much pain Callie must have gone through since she stopped being the Camilla Merlyn that everyone once knew.

There was gunshot wounds, knife wounds, sword wounds, and even a few burns that looked like they had scarred during the healing process. There was one that stood out more than all of these, and Sara recognised the type of mark immediately. It was an arrow wound.

She ran her hand along the mark on the bottom of Callie's ribcage, ignoring the short intake of breath the girl took from the sudden exposure.

"When they brought you back to life," Callie started, knowing that Sara would need to understand why she was so hesitant to let the woman do things without her. "You weren't really you."

Sara nodded, she didn't remember everything about her resurrection but she knew all about the time when she was rabid and uncontrollable.

"In Nanda Parbat, you escaped from your chains. One of the other members of the league decided it was best to put you down: like a rabid dog," Callie muttered, trying to ignore how closely they were both standing to each other. "I was too late to stop him from firing the arrow, but I wasn't too late to push you out of the way."

There was a moment of silence before Sara placed her hand against the scar that rested on the bottom of Callie's ribcage. Callie closed her eyes at the coldness of Sara's hand before opening them again and looking straight into her electric eyes.

"You took an arrow for me," Sara quirked, causing a smile to appear on both of their faces. "I guess I owe you one." She mused, causing Callie to scoff as they both knew if the roles had been reversed the same would have been done.

Sara smirked, reaching down and pulling her top off too, mirroring Callie's current outfit. Callie knew Sara had scars too, but there was a few she realised were certainly not from the league. Callie didn't want to ask, she wanted Sara to tell her when the blonde wanted to.

Instead of that happening, Sara had something else in mind for the two. She kept her hand on Callie's scar but moved her other to the back of the girls neck as she tugged her forward.

Their lips collided in spectacular fashion like before, rough but passionate as they pressed against each other. Sara spun them around, pushing Callie back so she was pinned against the glass wall of the captains office as they continued to kiss.

Callie smiled into it, running her hands into Sara's hair as they pressed their bodies together. Callie found her mouth leaving Sara's and instead running a line of open mouthed kisses along her jaw and neck, sucking and nibbling as she went. Sara moaned, pulling on Callie's hair at the base of her neck slightly and causing their lips to reconnect.

Sara's fingers slid lower down Callie's waist, looping them into the waistband of the jeans she was wearing. The girl gasped slightly, allowing Sara to slip her tongue into her mouth. Callie moaned, pulling Sara as close as she could to her body.

Just as Sara's fingers had began to fiddle with Callie's jeans button, they broke apart as they heard the laughter of the team approaching from down the hall. Pushing each other off, they grabbed a top each and pulled it on to their bodies.

Callie flung herself onto one of the armchairs in the office while Sara tried to smooth her hair lightly so that the team wouldn't catch on to what was happening between them.

They all entered, laughing and making remarks to each other as Sara turned to face them.

"Hey guys!" She tried to act casual but her optimism was too over the top to be useful. "How was training?"

Nate stared at her confused but narrowed his eyes as he answered her anyway. "Just the usual. You know, we still haven't trained with Callie," he pointed out, causing all of the team to turn to look at Callie would was pretending to read a book but was holding it the wrong way round.

"I'm too busy reading," Callie replied, a look shared between Amaya and Jax as they were catching on to a potential idea.

"Upside down?" Stein asked, almost as if he was offended by the action she was undertaking.

Sara and Callie stuttered for a second before Callie answered.

"It's a thing we get taught in the League!!"

They all left the raven girl alone before separating to do their own things. They had a time aboration they were about to tackle in Washington.

"One question?" Ray asked, quirking an eyebrow as he looked back to Sara. "Why are you wearing Callie's zombie destroyed top?"