The Exploration

Author's POV

"Di, are you pretending or you really dont know?" Aqil turned towards Alia and stopped.

"Im really shocked. Its..its just that i didnt know. I already met him once when i was lost, and then he helped me. And yup, when we were about to go for lunch, it was the second time i saw him. Till then, i really thought that he was a knight...anyway it isnt my fault..like seriously which prince in the world would wear a collared-shirt and pants to a royal lunch when everyone else is decently dressed top to bottom. Its not my fault if i didnt know him!"

"I would wear anything i want. And its my personal choice. I dont really think that you have to comment something about it. I just dont like people controlling me. Its very stupid. And by the way, from now onwards if you go missing, i hope that you dont find for me anymore to ask for direc-" he was rudely interupted again by Alia.

"Look Mr Rudey, i actually dont even bother what you wear or what you do. Aqil was just asking me how the experience was and i told him. To tell the truth, i really think that this arguement is invalid and unnecessary. You know you can always avoid this. At least im just commenting on what you were wearing,there are people out there, telling to the whole world that she is going to be your future wife, she knows you for three years and bla bla. Dont pick on me and by the way good luck finding for that person!" Alia replied.

Azad stared at her eyes. His eyebrows drew nearer and he clenched his fist. He was biting his teeth and his jawline clenched. Alia simply stared back at Azad. It was very easy for her to stare back, not even needing to lift her head as she was close to his height.

Aqil dragged Alia out of the intense converstaion by pulling her arm. Alia decided to leave the place and Azad was looking at Alia with a cold stare.

"Alia! He is the Prince! Why the hell did you behave like this? Before we could even tell them who we are, they would sure throw us out!" Aqil warned.

Azad POV

"How dare she gets on my nerves! Isnt she a girl? So rebellious. Does she wants to get attention from me? Hell no! Im not going to fall for her or any other bullshit. No one dares to even stare at me like that. Not even khaala or Nawfal!" I murmered. I returned to my room and loosened the top button of my shirt. A scroll was left on my bed. It was the 'events' that was going to happen. After having a thorough look, i went to the mirror and loosened the top button of my shirt.

'Did i really under dress as a Prince' i asked myself seeing my reflection on the mirror. It was indeed true. I was really under dressed, for a Prince.

Alia POV

"He is soo rude. No manners. He just..ugh" i said opening my chamber door. I set on my bed and took off my shoe while Aqil came behind me.

"Remember what abba told you. Be like a girl. He isnt like Hashim or Hisham in our native for you to simply shout or scream at. He is the Prince. Maybe he was just telling you nicely..." Aqil trailed off.

Just then, Aisha knocked and came in.

"Assalaamualaikum, its time for you both to look around and be familiarise with the palace. So we have arranged for Mumbad Ali, our chief Commander of our armed forces to take you both around" she said with a smile. Aisha is way too different from Azad. She knows how to behave well to a total stranger.

Aqil and I nodded and then followed Mumbad, our 'tour guide'. Mumbad was the guy that made the announcement during lunch.

"To be honest we dont really have tour guides here, Prince Azad was the one who suggested for the both of you to gain some knowledge about this palace"he said with a smirk.

"That Rudey" i murmered, rolling my eyes.

Mumbad brought us to the main event hall and important meeting places that we had to be aware of. He also brought us to the kitchen which was simply bustling with activity. There was a woman in her mid fifties ordering the cooks around and making sure everything turned out well. She turned her head to see us and smiled.

We were then brought to other places like the hallway i got lost earlier and even the massive garden i saw from that hallway. Lastly,we went to one of the quietter part of the castle where no outsider was allowed.

"This is the place where the Prince and the other higher officials reside. You are not allowed to enter. Well the tour ended and try not to get lost again" he warned and walked away. Aqil looked at him and turned his head towards me.

"Im tired di, do you still want to see something?"he said yawning. Afterall, we didnt had the chance to rest even after we arrived from Al-Maqmur.

However,there was still a part of the building that we were not introduced to.

"You go ahead. I will come later" i replied and saw Aqil making his way back, while i enter the place where Mumbad did not notify us about it.

The place was full of images and monuments from the past. There were swords, battle weapons and more. There were also images and old artifacts that were framed up on the wall. Just then, there was a image of a young boy of about 5 years old standing between a rather young looking couple. 'It must be Mr Rudey' i thought to myself.

The next picture was full of children and Mr Rudey was there, wearing a small pair of short pants and a shirt. He looked cute! He was surrounded by other children who were simply around his age. As i went further down the aisle, the walls of the castle turned dark. The walls looked as if it had been burned down by some unknown source years ago.

Curiousity killed me and i walked further. The walls of the palace was really black and it smelt of burned rocks. Before i could even walk further to venture, Aqil was shouting for me from the other end of the hallway. I quickly ran back without even finding the answer to my question.

"What happened?" I asked gasping for air and adjusting my hijab.

"You are going to have a personal talk with Azad in another three more days. Today is Shameerah's and Kalsom's turn. Tomorrow is Faryal's and  Mairah's turn. And the day after tomorrow is yours!" he said.

"Okay.. you could have told me later right? Nevermind, but on that day i will inform him about us and how did you get the news?" I questioned.

"Well..ermm...Aisha told me!"he replied winking at me. We left the place and walked towards our chamber to rest. I turned back and looked at the deserted hallway and felt that i was about to be grabbed and swallowed into it.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Hi! The author here! I know that this chapter is pretty long..  Its my first time writing a story and im sure there would be spelling and grammar mistakes here and there. However i feel that the story is the main thing that matters. Im not sure if you have read a similiar story like this, but im sure that this story is totally different. Neither a romance nor a thriller and adventure, but this would be a combination of everything! Do enjoy, comment and vote

Whats this hallway? Hmmm...