The Anger

Azad POV

"I need to talk to you all, now" I demanded. I had a great authority to an extent that everyone listened to me.

"Barkatji, what is this?" I questioned.

"Its the syrup that your bhabhi drinks...when she is having a headache"

"How about this then?" I showed the other bottle bhabhi discovered.

"Th..this one..one is my health syrup. You know... beta, nowadays my legs are getting sore and my body is getting weaker, i take this syrup. Can..i have it  back?"she stammered.

"In that case, drink it now. Do you want a measuring spoon for me to take for you, Barkatji?" Alia voiced out, taking the bottle away from me and walking towards Barkatji. She did whatever i wanted to do. That's my lady!

"How..how can I? Im feeling well...im feeling alright!"she tried to explain. Just then Alia slapped Barkatji's left cheek. No,no. That was not what i meant.

Everyone in the room was silent. Thaatha and thaathi gasped at the sudden behaviour of Alia and Barkatji rose from her seat and nearly went to slap Alia back. Alia was quick and swift and hold Barkatji's arm from slapping her.

"Alia!"abba bellowed across. She didnt even flinch like i did and steadied her look at Barkatji.

"Paining huh? Just because i slapped you once, you are wailing. But every single year, every month, every single day,you made her cry! Do you even call yourself a woman?" Alia spat at Barkatji, pointing to bhabhi who was standing beside Nawfal. Everyone turned around to face bhabhi. I was surely taken aback and of course impressed.

"Azad, your wife-to-be is crossing her limi-"

"Correction Raja. We both are not engaged yet. Im still Alia, the one who saved everyones' life here" she corrected.

"Look abba, whatever she said was true. Let me explain and Alia pass me the bottle and stand beside me" i responded.

"Abba, you know that bhabi and Nawfal does not have any child. The fault is not on Nawfal or bhabi, but your didi. Whenever, bhabi claims that she had headache, your didi gave her this syrup and asked her to consume. She even changed the bottle. The fact is that, bhabi infact got pregnant. Just whenever she had a headache, she took the syrup and the baby in the womb is killed!" I voiced out.

"We have checked both the bottles with the palace healer and what we suspected is true. This kind of woman who wants to destroy another woman's life, just for her sake, shouldnt be spared Raja" Alia commanded.

Maimunaji and abba looked as if they were about to faint the next minute. Thaatha and thaathi hold their hearts and looked astonished. Nawfal's heart sank and he teared looking at his wife's plight.

"Yes, Raja. It is normal for a woman to feel giddy during her first trimester. Your didi, killed every single soul with that syrup. You must have seen her face when i asked her to drink it. She even lied that it was her herbal medicine. LIES!" Alia continued.

"Why must..i..i do it? Cant Maimuna do it?" Barkatji demanded. Before i could reply, Alia walked towards her ,and stood opposite her.

"Why would you do it? Simple. You would have done that so that Nawfal could not be the next king. Afterall, you wanted your son to be the king right? You would always say that the king needed a heir and Nawfal doesnt have one. So, you thought that if you killed bhabi's child,your son would get the seat. Azad probably would have also chosen him because i know he doesnt wants to be the king, he only wanted to be the commander, the job that your son failed to fulfill. Now your son is gone and so do your act! No mother in the world would want to kill an innocent soul even before it enters the dunia!" Alia beamed hovering around Barkatji. Damn Alia!

Barkatji was perspiring and sweat trickled down.

"Abba, i couldnt believe your didi would do this. If only she didnt existed, i would have been playing with my nieces and nephews and could have avoided many more problems. She ought to be punished" i finished.

"Abba what do you say?" Raja looked at his father, who was about to voice out.

"Send her to her in-laws house! She has been staying here ever since she is married. Bring her to her in-laws and let them torture her. If only i had known earlier, i would have never gotten her married! I dont want to see a woman destroying another woman's life. Get out Barkat!"he bellowed.

She pleaded falling on the legs of thaatha and thaathi. What her son and she did were something that i could not forget. They touched me and my family in a negative way. There should be a brutal punishment. Though thaatha is old, he was still wise to make decisions.

Barkatji's in laws were superior than us. They hated those who werent loyal to them. Just because of friendship, Barkatji got married. After the wedding, she threw tantrums and came back here again, living with her husband. Unfortunately, he passed away due to illness and Barkatji got her freedom.

I ordered the guards to throw her out of the palace and they immediately sprang into action.

We saw her wailing at the top of her voice, pleading to let go of her.

The more i saw her pleading, it was as if seeing Aisha pleading Mumbad to leave her alone.

"Im sorry Raja, i shouldnt have behaved that way. I know i had crossed my limit, but i couldnt bear it. Imagine how bhabi might have felt? Every wife's and husband's life brightens up when she knows she is going to be mother, but bhabi, totally had the hope but it was shattered in a moment. Im sorry" Alia said and stood infront abba.

"Its okay beti. I feel really good that you were brave enough to bring this issue up. I think we all should go back to sleep its late at night. And remember,we are still visiting Al-Qaima. Not because of Barkat,but as a gift for you Alia"abba said and tapped on Alia's head.

"But abba.."

"I have promised them and the ring is still in your finger Azad. We shall see first" he said and got up.

The hall cleared and i went back to my room,finding for sleep.

Alia POV

'Please bring her away somewhere! Remember to take good care of her. Dont lose her Abu Bakr. She is precious. Dont lose her!'

I woke up and came back to reality. Who called my name? Who called my abba? Who is the child? Where was i?" I mumbled to myself.