The Performance

Recently read salmadawn 's poem and it really suited the theme of this story

"I am the king, i am lion in the jungle,
I need a queen, during my struggle,
So we can fight it all when there is trouble,
When we are together, nothing would make us stumble" 👏👏👏👏

Alia' s POV

I was nervous. One: I had to perform in front of Azad and his family members. Two: The act.

I quickly dressed up in a gold and brown colored anarkali and wore similiar hijab and a big white headpiece pinned on my hijab. I wore gold bangles and similar set of rings as well. I made sure i wore flat shoes instead of heels. What if i fall flat while twirling?
Well, i wasnt the only one dancing solo. There were also background dancers. Phew!

Both Faryal and Mairah danced together to a melody tune. The turned their body to the beat and kept a close eye contact with each other. Azad stayed still and watched them. The girls filled into the room, clad in bells and silk. Their luxurious skirts swam about their slender feet and the scanty tops jingled softly with each slight movement. As the music began, so did the dancers. With each swaying movement of their hips, with each alluring twist of their body, they told a story.

 With each swaying movement of their hips, with each alluring twist of their body, they told a story

Next, it was Shameerah's turn. She entered the hall,holding her head up high. She fixed her gaze at Azad and strode to the middle of the hall accomapanied by her background dancers. Her song started and she started to sway as well.

The dancers move like water transformed by music, flowing in graceful arcs, limbs in constant motion, painting a picture sound alone can never achieve. They bring a wordless interpretation of the beats, of the soft strings, in a way the audience can understand no matter what language they spoke.

All three finished their performance and the next was mine. My palms were sweaty and i could feel my legs were getting wobbly as i neared the entrance. I, a knight, was going to dance!

I could see Azad seated right beside his father and Nawfal, beside him. The females were sitted on the second floor of the events hall. Some of the higher officials were also sitting on ground floor and some on the second floor. Aisha was clearly looking forward to my performance and was clapping her hands when my name was called. Azad looked stern and looked straight. He did not even move, a single inch.

My background dancers and i walked into the hall when the music started playing, and i played my act.

"nazar jo teri laagi main diwaani ho gayi
diwaani haan diwaani deewani ho gayi
mash'hoor mere ishq ki kahaani ho gayi
jo jag ne na maani to maine bhi haani
kahaan thi main dekho kahaan chali aayi
kehte hain ye deewaani mastaani ho gayi.." i sang and moved,taking my first step.

I sang, moved, swayed and swirled across the hallway, making sure that everyone was glued to me so that Maimunaji could make her move. I floated and twisted weightlessly across the room, poised and balanced as if i was made of silk.

The song ended and i made a full 360 degress consecutive turn and rested upon looking at Azad. The background dancers surrounded me spreaded out at the end. We stood, bowed and left the place once the music came to an end. The audiences appaulded and sat down to see the next performance.

"Im going to change. Help me take care of my things!" I said to Faryal and rushed off to aunt Maimuna.
Aunt Maimuma was waiting for me at the kitchen and i quickly took Aisha's lip gloss and spread over her clothes. I even took a small weapon of mine and coated it with the lip cream, to make both Mairah and Faryal suspicious. I then messed up the kitchen and threw all the pots and pans on the floor. I then signalled Aunt Maimuna to scream in order to alert the guards who were patrolling.

Upon hearing their footsteps, i climbed out of the kitchen window and ran towards the event hall restroom. It was time for me to change.

"Everyone stay calm! Respected Maimunaji has been stabbed and the guards are suspecting that the intruder should be still within the palace radius. Please stay calm and be composed. Unfortunately, we have to also pause Kalsom's performance as well. Sorry for any inconvinience caused" Mumbad bellowed.

Upon hearing that, i dashed out of the toilet and made my way towards the hall and found all the others standing up. It was the perfect time to confuse the others.

"What happend?" I asked catching my breath from all that running.
"Someone stvabbed Maimunaji. The guards arre looking for the intruvder.." Faryal said looking shocked.

"Oh okay!" I replied and tried to hide my hand which was covered slightly with red gloss. Faryal noticed my hand, but she didnt speak. That was what i was expecting.

"Thank Allah. I didnt want to dance!" Kalsom said throwing her hands around me.
Everyone went back to their chamber and i noticed Faryal and Mairah walking with me, towards my chamber. Come here, kitty kitty.

"Alia, may i know vhere you vent after the performance?" Faryal asked.

"I went to change" i replied, opening my chamber door.

"Well we are suspecting that it might be you, the one who stabbed Maimunaji. You were missing at that time and you werent shocked. Plus, look at your hands! Its red!" Mairah shrieked pointing to my hands as I pretended to hide.

"Too bad Alia, you are caught! However, we wouldnt tell anyone as we are also here, to attack. We are instructed to attack this kingdom to kill Raja and his fellow family members" she said.

I recorded everything in the recorder Azad gave me in one of our meetings. It should be used as an evidence. "And ve are going tvo join you. Ve also need yvour help," Faryal said. Her slang and her speech was soo different! No wonder Azad could find it soo easily."Ve noticed that Aisha is freqwently coming to talk to you. She is ovur bait"she ended.

"Soo....what should i do?" I asked pretending to be caught.

"Ask me what should we do?" Mairah replied patting my shoulder with her hand.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Song - Deewani Mastani
Movie - Bajirao Mastani

I simply love this song to the core. The way Deepika danced and swayed and the way she potrayed herself was simply amazing. Not forgetting Ranveer and Priyanka whom were brilliant in their acting. I decided to put this song as it was perfect for the chapter. The setting, the meaning of the lyrics and everything was simply what i wanted. Just imagine that Ranveer was Azad and Priyanka as Maimunaji, looking anxious for her move. Deepika didnt wear a hijab😂 so thats the difference.

PS:: LISTEN TO THE SONG IN EARPHONES AND ITS DAMNN!!

Plus, i would love to know where my readers are from! Comment the name of your country or simply insert the country flag!! And dont forget to vote!