The One-to-One Talk

Alia's POV

"So this is the library. All the best!" Aisha gestured, holding a thumbs up.

Azad's library was even bigger than my chamber. It was at least thrice its size. It had two big cushion sofas, with a teak tea table in between. There was a fire hearth in the middle of the room. I looked up at the ceiling and it was magnificent. Even my Princess does not have that architectural ceiling in her bedroom. The windows were huge and the room had a nice fragrance. I looked for Azad's prescence but he wasnt there.

'Time to explore Alia!' I told to myself and started strolling around that library. I looked at the closed windows and it started to rain heavily. The atmosphere in the room begin to get colder. I walked around touching the smooth cushions and other furnitures searching for a lighter to light the hearth. I took a matchbox which was on the table and lighted the matchstick within the first try. It sure did give me some warmth and to the room's atmosphere. Though i was wearing a full sleeved gown and hijab, the cold breeze was still harassing my skin. It was 10 minutes and Azad was still nowhere to be found. Gaining enough warmth, i walked futher down the library.

I came to a halt after seeing a huge gallery of weapons

I came to a halt after seeing a huge gallery of weapons. Weapons that were once used as a defending tool were now used as a decorative tool. Images of me using the similiar weapons came crashing down my mind. I urged my hands to touch those weapons. It felt good. I moved onto the next gallery and recognised more and more weapons that were used in a battlefield.

"Oh my, this is the Pike, Halberd, Mace, Bill and this one, my favourite Partizan!" I exclaimed after touching the Partizan, which was a similar piece to mine, but the one in Azad's gallery was much bigger.

"Thats my favourite one too. And how could you name all the weapons?" a deep male voice came from behind. It was too close to me that i could even feel the atmosphere being blocked by that person. I gathered my courage and turned around, biting my lip. I did not dare to look down, i mean why must i look down? To show that him that im afraid? Nah.

I came face to face with Azad. The guy that i should reveal to, who i am and why i was here first, before anyone knowing.

"When i ask a question, i think its the best way to reply and especially for a Princess like you, should give some basic respect" he said glaring at me and at the same time removing his armour.

"I think you should move back. Theres no way i can speak to you if you are standing too close to me" i replied.

Azad moved a few steps back and folded his arms

Azad moved a few steps back and folded his arms. He placed his armour on a table and removed his helm. His hair dropped to his eyes and he ran his fingers over his hair, combing them in a neat manner. He then sat down and took of his arms and knee armour. His well-toned biceps bulged when he attempted to remove those armours.

"Answers, Alia" he said gritting his teeth.

"I simply read of the labe-"

" theres no labels there. You lie smartly, without stammering or even looking away but i caught you. Well i do not want you to waste my time, Alia" he said folding the sleeves of his inner shirt to his arms. Oh boy!

"Well you wasted my time. Why shouldnt I?" I asked, folding my arms. He turned around and walked towards the sofa and i followed him. If i didnt stop argueing with him, there would have been no difference between me and Shameerah.

Authors POV

Azad forced himself to be polite to Alia, who was sitting opposite him.

"I hope you are comfortable and would cooperate with me in this conversation"he started, placing his hands inside the flower vase to on the recorder.

He hated being too formal and pretense. He did not want to pretend being nice as afterall he was going to instill a new relationship. He even remembered being lectured by Maimunaji of some niceties that others would expect from him.

Alia was astounded by the change of tone of his voice. She was sure that it wasnt like that before. Just then, she noticed a recorder on the tea table infront of her. It was hidden in the vase and Alia managed to notice the green light blinking. She was being recorded. She too decided to put up an act and also thought that this would not be a good opportunity to talk to him about the danger. Anyone could play the recorder at any time.

"So, Alia in your opinion, what is a Rani's role in the palace?" he asked. Alia bit her lip as she had never seen Princess do anything. Despite she visiting Princess every day, Princess was simply applying make up and looking out of the window to catch a glimpse of her knight lover. Alia's breath traitorously left her. She thought of what to reply. Neither did she wanted to impress Azad nor give him a feeling that she didnt know anything about being the lady of the palace.

"I think that the Rani should take care of her people, first and foremost. The people in her country are dependent on her and her husband's decision. Therefore, she needs to put herself in the shoes of the people before taking any decision and at the same time, she also needs to take decisions that would benefit all"she said maintaining eye contact with Azad.

She studied Azad's expression. However he was stoned face and was looking at his wrist armour instead.

"So what if her husband's decision is varied from hers?"he asked leaning slightly forward and making a diamond shape in his palms.

"Then, the wife has all the rights in the world to talk and change his decisions. Not all husbands look in different perspective. But i sure do hope that a Rani, who cares for people, would certainly analyse any problem in all different perspectives. Im not saying that the rulers are narrow minded. Other than just sitting on the throne beside her husband and being someone who always agrees on her husband's decision despite knowing that its wrong and staying in the palace without looking at the plight of her people, a Rani should be someone who would eventually do the opposite. Even though, the region is being ruled by the Raja, the Raja have to be ruled by his wife, the Rani" she blurted out quickly without thinking, but stressing at places she really needed to stress.

Azad fixed her with an intense look and she could hardly breathe. How could he look so frightening and overwhelmingly handsome at the same time? She did not dared to look at any other details of him other than his brown eyes which spoke dozen emotions.

"So, you are implementing that the Rani should also help in the making of decision with Raja?" Azad questioned with his eyes concerning. Alia simply nodded even without thinking about what she had said.

"Well i think thats enough from you and you have been recorded"Azad said after placing his hands into the vase and turning off the recorder. Alia replied that she already knew that and adjusted her hijab making sure it covered her chest properly. Azad quirked one brow at her.

"You still didnt answer my question, Alia" Azad said leaning backwards. Alia gave him a confused look and realised what he wanted. The way he said her name with stress, made Alia glad. She didnt know why, but no one had called her name that way. It was simply nice.

Before Alia could even answer, the adhan for maghrib was heard. Alia quickly excused herself.

"I..i need to go. You will get your answer when its..time. Waalaikum salaam" she said and carried her long gown and dashed out of the room.

'She escaped again. DAMMIT!' Azad thought and slammed the door close.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Alia just escaped! But...for how long and do comment on how the chapter was!