The Pendant

Azad POV

I laid on my bed, crossing my leg over the other and placed my arm on my forehead, thinking whatever was happening in my life.

I lost my ma and i dont even know if she was still alive. I became rebellious when people talked bad about my ma and even fought to an extent that there was a permanent scar above my eyebrow.

I had Zaki and Aisha and Nawfal who always cheered me up. And then there was Mumbad, who eventually took the position i was eyeing ever since young. I grew and now 20 years have passed, after that horrific incident that had occurred at my mansion. The day then came crashing before me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

My childhood friend and her family, Raja Imran and Rani Jarina, had came over to celebrate my 7th birthday where i recieved Zaki. During the celebration, blasts were heard. We thought that it were fireworks; only to be shocked when we saw part of our mansion being burnt down.

There came our rivals, attacking us. I could still remember our previous Chief Commander who was steadfast in his duties, ordering and screaming across the mansion for backup and weapons and all. I was just there,standing beside my ma.

Fear engulfed me when i saw a man who was having a large beard and wore sirma under his eyes, dragging away my ma from me.

My childhood friend hanged on with her parents, Rani Jarina and cried

My childhood friend hanged on with her parents, Rani Jarina and cried. I saw my mom being dragged away forcefully, while i was just there standing, in the midst of everything.

"Azad stay here! Dont come out until i call you!" Rani Jarina instructed as she hid me in a room.

I was alone and i felt sleepy, not knowing whatever that happened outside.

Hours later,the door opened and i saw Maimunaji crying. She held me close to her heart and cried out loud.

"Khalajaan, why are you crying? Heres a biscuit! Wheres ma? Wheres ma?" i said.

"Your ma got dragged away and your uncle died!"

I didnt understand. "That means they wont come back?" I asked. She simply nodded and cried again. I saw Rani Jarina and went to her. "Where is lamba? Where is lamba? Where is ma?!" I teared and started fiddling with her dress. "She..she is fine. Your ma..is not here! She got dragged away. Someone kidnapped her. Dont cry!" Rani Jarina bent and cupped my face. I remembered crying and weeping every single day and night as i got older. One; i wasnt able to see my lamba. Two; my ma went really far away from me.

20 years had passed and abba decided it was time for me to wed. He called the brides and there were lots of changes. Alia came in my life and Aqil came in Aisha's life. Both of them brought us the world we didnt see. They changed us and they changed this entire mansion of Raizadas. And now, Salma stood between Alia and me.