The Agreement

Thank you for reading this book! Continue reading and share!!

Alia POV

Azad lead me to my chamber and asked Aqil to return to his. He entered my chamber and closed the door. Oh Allah! What is he going to do?

"I want to see all your weapons"he instructed. I took my luggage and showed him all the mini weapons i had. He picked them all and placed them on a cloth and tied it into a knot.

"Wait Azad, there's more" i said.
He turned around and faced me. I bent down and took out my flat shoes. I had inserted a mini bladed dart at the sole of the my right shoe.On my left shoe, i had inserted a mini pike. I took them both and handed them to him. He reached out his palm and i placed them on his hands.

I made sure that my fingers did not make any contact on his palm. He looked at me and raised his brows. I then handed over to him on my brooch which was secretly a mini ring sword and lastly i took my rings which would have spikes on its surface if a button is clicked.

"Thats all. Aqil has a bendable sword too. Its eventually his belt" i said handing over to him the last ring i had.

He looked at me in a shocked manner. "You were carrying all these every day?"he asked pointing to the load. I simply nodded and he looked amused and turned towards the door.

"Azad, since i have handed to you my weapons, i need new ones. So, mind if you lend me yours?" I asked, looking straight into his eyes.

He nodded and said, "Come to my room tomorrow. I shall lend some. And...i would not take Aqil's bendable sword. Dont worry. However you should have told me before about this. Im just letting you go because you are here to save me and my family for some sort of reason. If this was a lie, i would not even hesitate to kill you, even if you are a woman" he said and turned.

"Azad, wait. Sorry for what happened just now. I didnt really mean to eventually get close to you to reprimand you.."i dragged.

"Its fine. Normally, i dont near woman. However, when someone is protecting me for the first time, i expect this bravery. Afterall, you are a warrior and i know that you would go to any extend,even drawing your sword in front of strangers. Thats what i expect from you" he responded and smiled.

For the first time in his life, he  probably smiled that moment.

Author's POV

"Im so sorry Aliadi! I misunderstood you and Aqil. I was just afraid that we would be killed silently even without wars or something. I..i was just angry as i felt that you betrayed me while potraying to be good..its just that after my father and aunt Halima left the mansion, we were soo worried. And..and i got reminded of losing my mum and brothers as well. Thats'why.." she dragged.

Alia was shocked. Not beacuse Aisha apologised but who is Aunt Halima? She was curious.

"Its okay. We understand your plight. Even your brother did not scream or shout at me after the meeting, which is quite surprising. He just came and asked me to surrender my  weapons like my brooches and left. He also asked me to take my new weapons in his room since i suggested to get new ones..and he smiled. By the- " i was interupted.

"Did he just did that? Did he just smiled? And did he just called you to his room? Omg Alia di! Azad has never ever allowed anyone to enter his bedroom. Except us, his family members. So he is hinting that you are going to be his.. "she exclaimed placing her hands on her mouth. I nodded.

"Im really sorry but i think ive got a best friend and maybe a bhabi!"she said quickly.

Alia POV

Azad was busy, the day i had to visit him in his take my new weapons. Aqil was as usual collating all the information Abba told him and Aisha was the frequent guest to my room.

After i had finished my isha prayers, Aisha entered the chamber and that day there was also someone else behind her, her thaathi( paternal mom ). I greeted her and offered her my dressing chair for her to sit.

"Alia, i think i have seen you somewhere but i just cant remember. Do you remember me by any chance?"she asked with her eyes concerned. I was taken aback and replied back a no.

"I think i have seen you somewhere near a palace when you were very small" she said tapping on my thigh.

"No thaathi. I think you came to visit Al-Maqmur and there would have been a chance for you to see me. And by the way Aisha, where is Azad? Im supposed to meet him" i said shifting my gaze from thaathi to Aisha. Aisha hesitated slightly and I noticed it. Is there something wrong with Azad? Oh dear!

"He is busy with the soldiers. So he is unable to see you but i think he wants to see you tomorrow instead" she said.

"Well dear, speaking of Azad, he really needs a partner like you Alia. What do you think?"Azad's thaathi asked. Aisha giggled.

"I ermm..not sure. Anyway,my reason for coming here is to protect him and you all and not to seek hand for marriage. Furthermore, im not a princess to be married with him. Im just a female knight" i said cupping my hands into hers.

Azad's grandmother patted my head and left with Aisha. What just happen?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, everything was running smoothly and Aqil had collated all the necessary indentification we needed for our intruders.

Azad came in and luckily i was in my hijab. He gestured me that it was time to visit his room.

His room was slightly modern. There was a king size bed in the middle of the room, surrounded by thin black curtains. There were little steps leading to his bed. The sidetables had photographs of himself when he was young together with some books neatly arranged.He then lead me to a secret room which did not had any windows;only had four walls.

There was a huge rectanguler teak table consisting of many weapons. I quickly ran my hands above them all and picked up each and every weapon and held it. It was the most pleasurable moment after two weeks of not holding any weapon. From my corner of my eyes, i felt Azad's eyes glued on me.

Feeling awkward, i quickly picked up two weapons that interested me the most and walked towards him for his approval. He was leaning against the wall,crossing his arms over his chest. His arms revealed the toned muscles as he had folded the sleeves back. He was standing with one foot while the other was rested on the wall.He nodded and took the weapons from me.

"I will order the attenders to keep it in your chamber. You may leave now" he said.

Azad's POV

The way she called my name was soo desirable. Even when she handed over her disguised weapons to me. She was soo bold. The way she touched my weapons and the way her eyes glittered upon seeing them, took my breath away and of course her dimples showed, when she walked towards me, with my weapons was so mesmerising. I had to admit that she was looking at me. I had never allowed any others to touch my swords or even enter my room. Why are you feeling this way Azad?

Alia POV

"Hey, why did you follow Azad and where? I told you not to flatter him right?" Shameera beamed at me, though i was taller than her, she wore extremely high heels to boost her height.

"Look, we went for a walk and it was part of the event. Mine was today. Perhaps yours would be tomorrow or the day after!" I lied.

She gave a disgusted look and turned around, swaying her butt from left to the right.

"I really hope that she falls flat on the ground with her heels di!. Now we need to let Azad bhaiya know about this!" Aisha exclaimed from behind me.

She called Azad from my chamber telephone and explained. Azad too managed to cover up and agreed to have a personal talk again with the others the next day.

Everything was going as per normal, not knowing when danger would arrive.