Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

After spending an hour making breakfast for my father, I quickly left the house with a small bag of fruits. Luckily I left before he woke up or else I would've starved to death.

While walking around slowly eating my fruit, a small bird landed on my shoulder.

"Oh, you came back."

It chirped and looked at me with its small round eyes. This bird was injured when I first found it. I visited its nest everyday until it disappeared one day. It has probably been two weeks since I last saw it.

"Oi, move out of my way."

I turned around. Tch, this person has seriously annoyed me for the past few weeks. What was his problem? Did I do something that would make him annoy me this much?

"Soo Ho, there is plenty of space around me. Why don't you use those legs of yours and take a few extra steps?"
"Why are you talking to me like that? I am your superior, show some respect," he exclaimed.
"You should've never bothered me in the first place."
"Tch, you are not even a half breed. I can obviously treat you like this but you have no right to talk back to me."
"I don't care about rank or status-"
"Probably because you're ranked lower than dirt."
"Soo Ho, stop it. Ah Ro will get mad if she finds out," said Soo Yeon.
"But-"

Soo Yeon dragged him away by his ear after giving me a forced smile. She was always there to stop Soo Ho from continuing. Honestly, I was grateful but it caused everyone to think negatively of me. The comments were usually too much so I often went to the forest.

Ji Dwi's POV

"That girl before...who is she?"
"Your highness, are you seriously interested in that girl?" Pa Oh asked.
"Answer my question with a statement, don't answer it with another question."
"Alright. That girl is Lee Tae Bin's daughter."
"Lee Tae Bin?"
"A grumpy man working as a carpenter. He is not her biological father. She was found in the forest, with nothing but her name written on a piece of paper."
"Well?"
"What?"
"What's her name? You've told me all this information and the thing that I wanted to hear the most wasn't even included."
"Oh, sorry. Her name's (Y/n) (L/n), but I suggest you stop trying to find out more. Everyone calls her a psychopath."
"You do not even know her and yet you call her a psychopath?"
"It's just one of those things you can tell straight away by looking."

I turned my head but the girl had disappeared. She was only wearing a very plain dress but for some reason, she shone brightly.

"Pa Oh, where did she go?"
"You're not thinking of following her, are you?"
"I want to see for myself, if she's really what you say she is."

(Y/n)'s POV

I had went to the forest, avoiding all the bad rumours everyone had spread about me. They weren't true. I didn't even know how it started.

Now, which path should I take? Should I go visit the deers? That sounded like a good idea.
Once I arrived, the baby deer immediately leapt over to me. I held out my hand, letting the deer nudge it. I smiled and giggled. I knelt down and stroked the bunny that had hopped over.

"It sure took a while to find you here."

The animals all ran off to hide. I quickly turned around and got out the two daggers which I had hidden within my dress.

"I'm not here to hurt you."
"Who are you? Why did you follow me?"
"My name's Ji Dwi, and I wouldn't exactly say 'follow'. I'd like to say it was just to pay a visit."
"What business could you possibly want with me?"
"Nothing much, just a small conversation is fine."

He seemed a little suspicious. Everyone usually tried to avoid me if possible but he actually approached me? Soo Ho was just an annoying person, so he was an exception.

Suddenly, I heard a neigh behind him. Was that a horse? I went a little closer to Ji Dwi before stopping when the horse came into view.

"Do you like horses?" he asked.

I nodded and smiled. My father didn't own any so Ah Ro sometimes asked Soo Yeon if I could borrow hers for a day. It didn't happen much though.

Ji Dwi got on his horse and held out a hand.

"Come on."

I hesitantly reached out and grabbed his hand. He pulled me up.

"Hey, are you sure about this? We just met-"
"Are you going to stop complaining? Do you want to ride her or not?"
"Of course I do."

He grabbed my hands and put them around his waist.

Pa Oh's POV

Was he actually letting that girl ride with him? Geez, I wonder what mucked up his brain. No one, with the exception of some people, approached her so easily because they thought she was crazy. I mean, who talked to animals as if they were humans? And why did she always come to the forest alone? Didn't she know that it was dangerous?

"Hey Ji Dwi, what's your real reason for coming to see me?" asked (Y/n).
"I was bored and had nothing else to do."
"Is that all?"
"Yeah."

Despite the fact that she was apparently a psychopath, she actually looked quite decent and didn't seem that bad. But I couldn't let that fool me!

His horse stopped suddenly. Oh no, I went too far.

"Pa Oh, what are you doing?" he asked.
"I was just watching your back."
"There's no need. Go back."
"*sigh* As you wish."

I felt a little worried just leaving him with that girl, but I guess I had to go back since he requested it.