Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV

"Sorry Sun Woo."
"Don't worry about it, I'm only doing it because Ah Ro asked me to," he replied before leaving.

*sigh* Why was I even doing this for Ji Dwi? Geez, it felt as if I couldn't ignore him.

"You should be grateful that Sun Woo's letting you borrow his room."
"Alright, whatever you say. Just let me sleep."

Instead of going to the blankets like I had expected him to, he came over to me and laid down in my lap.

"Um...Ji Dwi?"
"Yeah?"
"Why are you here?"
"Because I can be. You help me sleep. I can't sleep well at home."

Well, there was probably no way I could convince him. But what was I supposed to do while he was sleeping? I looked around, hoping to find something to entertain myself until he woke up.

Ji Dwi's POV

I opened my eyes, expecting (Y/n) to be staring back at me since that was what she was doing when I fell asleep. Instead, she had fallen asleep beside me with a book and pen in her hands. Also, there was a blanket that, I assume, she put over me along with a pillow that was under my head.

I sat up and smiled down at her sleeping figure. I picked her up and placed her on the ground before putting the blanket over her.

Before I left, I wrote her a note saying thank you but then I thought I heard her mumble something. Maybe it was just my imagination.

Once I had arrived back in town, I was immediately smacked in the head.

"Ah- geez, what did you do that for?"
"I was looking all over for you. Don't tell me you were with that girl again," Pa Oh said.
"She was hurt, and I wanted to sleep."
"*sigh* Sometimes you're just too much..."

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up and noticed that I was sleeping where Ji Dwi was before. Did he already leave? I sat up after rubbing my eyes. Huh? There was a note. I read it.

Thank you, see you next time
~Ji Dwi
P.S. You look like a bunny when you sleep

*blush* What was that supposed to mean?! Ugh, no time to worry about that. I went outside and stretched. Maybe I was getting too lazy, sleeping like that. Was Ji Dwi made out of herbs and medicine or what?

"Oh, you're up," exclaimed Sun Woo.
"Yeah...where's Ah Ro?"
"She went to Dayiseo with Soo Yeon."
"Oh. Anyway, sorry for using your room for so long. I'm going to go look for Ah Ro."
"Let me go with you."
"There's no need for you to come along. I'll be fine."
"It's fine."

He started walking and stopped at the entrance, waiting for me to catch up. I quickly caught up before we started walking again.

The walk there was a little awkward. I didn't know him that well and I guess you could say he didn't know me well either.

"Ah Ro's nice, isn't she? Make sure you treat her right and protect her, okay?"
"I don't think she needs protecting though..."
"Okay?"
"Yeah, alright."

I smiled and pat his head.

"You should protect her since you're her older brother."
"Then who's going to protect you?" he asked.
"Don't worry, I can protect myself."
"Tch, say that after you prove it to me."
"Are you requesting a match with me?"
"What if I am?"
"You stand no chance against me."
"You're a girl and I'm a guy. Obviously I'd win."
"We'll see."

~Some time later~

I had knocked the sword out of his hands and had my daggers held at his throat from behind.

"Geez, you were so confident before and yet, you don't even know how to use a sword properly?"
"Y-yah, I was just going easy on you," he replied while avoiding eye contact.
"Cool! She actually knows how to fight," exclaimed Hansung.
"Suk Hansung? What are you doing here? As far I know, you used to avoid me."
"Yeah, but that was so cool!"

I let go of Sun Woo and put my daggers back.

"Hey noona-"
"Noona?"
"Yeah, I'm a year younger than you (just pretend he is)," he replied with a smile.
"Yeah but since when were we so close to each other?"

He just shrugged. Sun Woo picked up his sword and left after saying a goodbye.

"Did you need me for anything? Because if you don't, I'll be going now-"
"W-wait, hang out with me. I'm bored."
"You're bored? You know how to entertain yourself, even with the weirdest things."
"Noona, that's mean."
"*sigh* Unless you want to be scolded by your grandfather, I suggest you leave me alone."
"No, I don't want to."

Suddenly, two guards came towards us on their horses.

"(Y/n)? You are requested, by the queen, to go to the palace."
"O-okay. Well, see you later Hansung."

I hopped on the horse and went to the palace with the two guards. Was I in trouble? It wasn't like last time when they dragged me out of the forest. She actually wanted to see me? What for? I hope I wasn't gonna die today.

"(Y/n), I didn't get to ask you what I wanted to before I was rudely interrupted by that man."
"That man? You mean Ji Dwi? He's not that bad."
"As I was saying, do you want to work for me? I am planning to bring together a group of men who will bring Silla peace."

Was this...actually happening right now?

Ah Ro's POV

"*sigh* What should I do? (Y/n)'s hanging out with a creepo."
"She hangs out with you," replied Soo Yeon.
"That's different!"
"*laughs* Alright, whatever you say. Anyway, how's your brother?"
"He's doing fine. Hey! Don't try to change the topic. Oh and can you please tell your brother to stop harassing (Y/n)? It's getting me annoyed."
"Nothing I say convinces him."
"Ugh, I think I'm thinking too much. My head hurts."