Chapter 12

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

I was with Ah Ro's father, helping him sort out the different herbs and medicine. Ah Ro had gone back to Hwarang House to spend the day with Sun Woo.

"(Y/n), how is it?"
"Hmm? How's what?"
"Your time in Hwarang House. They're not too chaotic, are they?"
"Don't worry, Ah Ro will be fine. She can survive almost anywhere with that bright personality of hers."
"Ah, I see."
"Please don't hold back when you want to ask about your daughter. Even though children may tell their parents not to worry, they're glad that they have people who care about them. Well, that's how I would feel."
"O-oh..."
"I've finished sorting out the herbs. Do you need help with anything else?"
"No, that's all. Thank you."
"*smiles* You're welcome. Call me anytime you need help."
"Alright, see you later."

I left his house and went to town, hoping to buy something useful. *sigh* Well, it wasn't like I had enough money anyway. I'd just be happy to look around.

"(Y/n), stop that bastard!" Soo Ho yelled.

Huh? What? Ban Ryu was running towards me, looking at me as if to tell me to let him go pass. I grabbed onto his arm just before he ran passed me.

"Tch, let me go," he ordered.
"Sorry but surprisingly, I'd rather help that creepo than help you."
"Ban Ryu, stop right there! We need to talk," demanded Soo Ho.
"What happened?"
"You! Come as well."

Before I could reply, Soo Ho grabbed onto the both of us and dragged us to a more secluded area, where we would be clear of eavesdroppers.

"Yah, what's going on?"
"That jerk likes my sister! How can I allow my sister to date th-this thing?!" Soo Ho asked with annoyance.
"Are you serious? Is this what it's all about? Well, I have no business here-"
"Wait! I'd hate to ask you but help me out. How can I get my sister to break up with this guy?"

Ban Ryu just stood there awkwardly with a slight blush on his cheeks. So it must be true that he was dating Soo Yeon.

"Soo Ho, have you actually considered how your sister would feel about this? Stop acting selfish for once and step into her shoes. Ignore the relationship between you and Ban Ryu and your fathers."
"...consider Soo Yeon's point of view?"
"*sigh* Well, you two can sort this out yourselves. Hope it all goes well."

Ji Dwi's POV

I had gone back to the palace. I needed to ask mother about it one more time. Everything she said...I wanted to know the truth.

"Mother, are you really telling me the truth about all this?"
"Why would I lie to you? There would be no point," she replied like it was obvious.
"But why wasn't I informed about this before? Why wasn't I told about the truth about the three kingdoms?"
"You were too young and this information is not something that everyone knows. Only people apart of a special organisation know about it. So you should be grateful that I'm telling you this."
"But-"
"And princess Sook Myung is coming back today and will be watching over Hwarang."
"Watching over Hwarang? I'd say it's more like spying on (Y/n), is it not?"

~Some time later~

I was sitting on a bench somewhere in town.

"Yah, don't act so gloomy all the time," exclaimed Pa Oh.
"Did you know about it?"
"I...yes...I did."

Why was I the only one kept in the dark? Why didn't mother tell me? Did she...not trust me?

"Here, have some of this tea. I hear it's very good," Pa Oh said.

I took it and slowly drank it. *sigh* At least I calmed down a little. There was nothing to do here so I decided to go back to Hwarang House. Well, that was before I saw (Y/n) looking at some random stuff at the stalls. But she was dragged away by an angry-looking Soo Ho.

"Want some rice cakes? It's good."
"Yeah, thanks Pa Oh."

He handed me a pink one, which I gratefully accepted. But why did it look as if he was trying not to laugh?...

No one's POV

"Yah! Pa Oh, why did you put hot sauce in the rice cake?!" Ji Dwi asked, irritated.
"Because it would've been fun to see your reaction," replied Pa Oh.

Ji Dwi was still gulping down water after swallowing a rice cake filled with hot sauce that was supposed to be sweet syrup.

"*laughs* Your highness, I believe you do not seem troubled anymore."

The king simply sighed before taking his leave. He had headed towards Hwarang House without another glance at Pa Oh. The old man just shrugged before ordering some more tea.

Ji Dwi only wanted to sleep, for he had too much going on in his mind. He still refused to believe the truth about (Y/n), no matter how reasonable and logical it was. Maybe he really did develop feelings for her.

Since everyone had the day off, the rooms were almost empty. Finally some peace, he thought. But while walking around for a while, he bumped into Ban Ryu, who looked a little tired. It must've been from before, but Ji Dwi did not know why he looked so flustered.

The king shrugged it off since it wasn't his business nor did he want to get involved in this business. A sigh escaped his lips as he thought of everything that had happened. Nothing was ever going to be peaceful again...

He paused for a while before entering his room. But then stood in shock at what he saw.