Chapter 24

(Y/n)'s POV

Ji Dwi had officially became the king, so he was at the palace. He was too busy to come back due to his many duties and long meetings. Sook Myung was still here, she had been glaring at me for a while now.

"Hey (Y/n), why don't we go somewhere else? Doesn't it feel uncomfortable with her looking at you like that?" asked Sun Woo.
"I'm used to it now. I don't really care about it."
"Why don't you go ask why she's glaring at you?"
"There's no point. She'll just come up with some excuse."
"Hey (Y/n), want to go to the lake with us?" Soo Ho asked.

I nodded. It was better than standing here all day. At least Sook Myung wouldn't be able to bother me. It was obvious that she was jealous but did she have to be so rude all the time?

"Y-yah, Kim Soo Ho! Why did you leave me alone with this thing?!" yelled Ban Ryu.

He was being chased by a tiger cub. I couldn't help but laugh at Ban Ryu's hopeless attempts at escaping.

"D-don't just laugh, help me!"
"He's been in this pitiful state for a while now," exclaimed Yeo Wool.
"We wanted to tease him for a bit," Soo Ho added.

I just smiled and whistled. The little tiger stopped and calmed down, stopping to sit down and rest.

"Wow, how did you know that would work?" Hansung asked.
"I didn't. I just used the same whistle I used with Lulu. I'm actually surprised that it worked."
"...what are you going to do with it? Are we just going to leave it here?" asked Sun Woo.
"Guys, I have a idea!" Hansung said excitedly.

~Some time later~

We had gone to the palace with the tiger cub. Hansung and Yeo Wool chose to stay at Hwarang House, simply because they were too lazy to come.

"Wait, how come the guards didn't stop us from entering?" Ban Ryu asked.
"Ji Dwi made it so that I could come and go as I please."
"Wow, it must be good to be the future queen," commented Soo Ho.
"...shut it."

He just laughed and lightly punched my arm. I smiled and punched him back. Suddenly, we heard a scream from behind.
The tiger cub had jumped onto a guard, but it wasn't doing him any harm so I didn't think we'd get into trouble.

*whistles* Geez, it'd be much better if it could just listen. But it was still very young, so there was no way it would obey me this easily. It was the same for when I first met Lulu.

"(Y/n), where is Ji Dwi anyway?" Sun Woo asked.
"I don't know, most likely having an important meeting."
"And we're just going to barge in?" asked Soo Ho.
"Well, Hansung told us to so it would be a better surprise but I'm not sure if we're allowed."
"Would Ji Dwi let you?"

~Flashback~

"Hey (Y/n), once I become king tomorrow, I don't know if I'll have much time to spend with you guys at Hwarang House," exclaimed Ji Dwi.
"Don't worry about that too much."
"But if there's something you really need to tell me, feel free to come here. And don't hesitate when I'm in a meeting. It'll be okay as long as it's you."
"Are you sure about that?"
"Yeah, you're the only exception. Don't worry, I wouldn't punish you for something like that."

~Flashback end~

"I think so?"
"...that doesn't sound promising," said Ban Ryu.
"Well, he said I could interrupt if it was something important but I'm not sure if this is worth it."

Ji Dwi's POV

*sigh* I've been standing here ever since they came through the entrance. But how was it that they haven't even noticed me yet? I finished the meeting a few minutes before they came.

Did my clothes camouflage with the door or something? I've even tried coughing but I was still being ignored.

"Oi, how long are you guys going to talk about meeting me?"
"J-Ji Dwi, how long were you there for?" Sun Woo asked, surprised.
"Long enough to hear and see everything."
"Oh...then why didn't you say so earlier?"
"I tried but you guys completely ignored me as if I was an invisible wall."
"A-anyway, here!"

(Y/n) handed me the tiger cub. Ugh, why was it so heavy?

"What's this for?"
"'It's going to be your companion for when you feel lonely without us', is what Hansung told me to say," exclaimed (Y/n).
"Sorry, but there is no way I can tame this tiger. Look, it's already nibbling on my sleeve."
"*laughs* Oh, sorry. But just think of it as a gift for you becoming king."

Suddenly, mother came, followed by a few of her subordinates. Everyone immediately bowed.

"What brings you all here?"
"We came to see Jinheung, your highness," Sun Woo replied.
"With a tiger cub?"
"We are very sorry if the tiger cub troubles you, we'll leave-"
"No, it's alright. It's nice once in a while to see my son spending time with his friends."

Mother smiled before leaving. But before I could say anything, Sook Myung came and snatched the tiger cub away from me.

"What do you think you're doing?"
"Why is it that you never pay any attention to me?! Am I a ghost?! Leave (Y/n) and come to me if you want this tiger to live."
"Sook Myung, don't do this."
"Why?! I have a heart too, you know!"
"Stop this-"
"This is your last warning before I kill the tiger cub."

(Y/n) was clearly getting extremely angered by this. I held her back, knowing that she would be arrested for harming a member of the royal family.

What was I supposed to do?...