Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

I was still under the shade of the tree, watching the princess talk to everyone. She seemed similar to the queen. But what I couldn't understand was why she kept giving me glares. Did I do something that she didn't like?

"All your techniques and experience are too sloppy. Who trained you? Did anyone?" asked Sook Myung.
"Hey, I know you're the princess and all but that doesn't give you the right to insult (Y/n) like that," Sun Woo replied.
"Listen, I'm only telling you the truth. What would the queen say if she saw this?-"
"Why do you say this if you haven't even seen what we like before?" Ji Dwi asked.
"All I see are a bunch of amateurs. You should consider yourselves lucky that I'm not going to report this to the queen. You guys...don't want (Y/n) to be killed, do you?"
"Killed? What do you mean?" asked Sun Woo.
"I am not obliged to answer all your questions."

Tch, she annoyed me.

~Some time later~

I was sitting by the lake, where I had found a snake. It didn't seem that poisonous, and that was why I had gone to pick it up.

"Yah, put it down. It's dangerous," exclaimed Ah Ro.
"It's not harming me so don't worry."
"*sigh* Sometimes I don't get you. Anyway, I'll see you later."
"Okay, bye."

She left, leaving me all alone with the snake. I looked around, smiling at how peaceful it was here. Well, it was peaceful until she came. I quickly let the snake go.
She immediately got out her sword, to which I stopped with my dagger.

"Don't kill it."
"Why not? It's a dangerous creature that deserves to die," she replied.
"*sigh* It's a shame to see that's what its fate is. It didn't ask to be dangerous and yet, you're going to kill it while blaming it for being poisonous? That fate really is messed up..."
"What do you know about fate when you don't even know yourself?"
"Maybe you're right. Maybe I don't know anything about fate. It's only coincidences, is that what you're thinking? That nothing is inevitable?"
"What have you been teaching them? They're just like beginners."
"Think whatever you want. I'm leaving."

I went back. No one was here so they must be having lunch. I didn't have much of an appetite, it must've been from before.

Ji Dwi's POV

I had seen and heard everything between (Y/n) and Sook Myung. I couldn't bring myself to call her my sister. Why...did she act like mother? Why did she treat (Y/n) like that?

"Come out. Why were you eavesdropping?" asked Sook Myung.
"Why has the queen sent you here?"
"What a foolish question. I'm here to train you all. The queen thinks that (Y/n) may need some assistance."
"Is that what she really thinks? I don't believe that stupid lie."
"Suit yourself. You don't know anything."
"You say that without even knowing who I am."
"I do not need to know who you are. Your appearance is all I need to tell that you are an idiot for taking her side."

She left before I could say anything else. An idiot? Was that what I really looked like to her?

~Afternoon~

I walked over to (Y/n), under the shade of a tree.

"You look depressed. Did something happen?"
"I don't like her. She...annoys me," (Y/n) replied while looking at everyone train.

I sat down beside her and laid my head on her shoulder. She didn't do anything. I smiled.

"What? Does something look funny to you?" she asked.
"No, it's nothing. I was just thinking how you're not doing anything. Have you gotten used to me sleeping?"
"Yeah, you sleep too much for someone that needs 'proper training'."

I closed my eyes. She was thinking too much about it. For some reason, I didn't want her to think that. (Y/n)'s techniques weren't something that you would find somewhere in Silla. Her training was unique, which was probably why most people found it hard but they've still improved.

"Hey you, come and train. Don't sleep all day," ordered Sook Myung.
"I'm sorry, but I only 'obey' one trainer."
"Oi, just leave him alone. His skills are probably one of the best here," Sun Woo said.

(Y/n)'s POV

Ji Dwi wasn't talking back, so I assumed that he was asleep. He wasn't moving and all I could hear was his steady breathing.

"Hey (Y/n)."

I jumped up, frightened by the sudden sound. He quickly got up before his head hit the ground and looked at me with a confused expression. But then that turned into a smirk.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?"
"You were scared, weren't you?"
"N-no, why would I be scared?"

He just smiled and stood up, barely managing to dodge the arrow.

"Sorry about that, Ban Ryu knocked my arm," Soo Ho said.
"Yah, you were the one to knock my face."
"Hmm, what was that? Did anyone hear anything?"
"Hey (Y/n), let's have a duel. Prove to me that you've actually trained everyone here," exclaimed Sook Myung.

*sigh* I took out my daggers and got into a stance.

"Oi, don't do this. She's strong," Sun Woo said.
"Are you doubting my abilities?" asked Sook Myung.
"No-"
"Of course he is. Why else would you say that her techniques were sloppy? You're just afraid that you'll lose to her, right?" Soo Ho asked with a smirk.
"Be quiet. You don't know anything."

Was Soo Ho trying to provoke her?! I looked at him, telling him to stop but he just kept on going.

"I can't believe that the princess is afraid of someone like (Y/n). *sigh* What has the world come to?..."
"Yah, Soo Ho-"
"(Y/n)...are you doubting me? Do you really think you're that good? Tch, I don't like your arrogant attitude."

Oh great, now she was going to attack with all her strength. Soo Ho just grinned and gave me a thumbs up. The others all facepalmed before cautiously moving out of our way.