Happy Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

After the festival ended yesterday, everyone had collapsed because they were simply too exhausted...or drunk. Seriously though...did these men only know how to drink? Ji Dwi seemed to be the only one that was fine.

"What happened?" Sook Myung asked.
"Well, you know, they just got a little drunk."
"They stayed up till midnight just to drink?"
"Yeah..."

She sighed. I could tell that she was clearly annoyed. I didn't know what she was going to report back to the queen but I hope she didn't give the report in full detail.

"Sook Myung, (Y/n), let's clean up here," exclaimed Ji Dwi.
"...are you serious?"
"I'm not sleepy yet so we can clean up to keep ourselves occupied."

*sigh* There were better things to do than clean up after someone else's mess. But at least it could at least keep us occupied.

~Some time later~

"Yah! Sook Myung! Why did you throw that at me?"
"Yah? How dare you address me like that? You-"
"Break it up, it's still very early in the morning so I don't think you two should be fighting," said Ji Dwi.

Geez, why did we agree to help each other? This was getting nowhere. She was doing nothing but throwing trash in my direction. What was her problem?

Ji Dwi picked the little pieces of decoration out of my hair.

"You really should be careful," he said with a grin.
"It's not my fault..."

Suddenly, I felt something grab my ankle.

"N-noona..."

So it was only a drunk Hansung...maybe we should've brought them to their rooms first. But would that even be possible for three of us?

"I think I should go and get some guards to help us," Ji Dwi exclaimed.
"And now you think of that?"

He just shrugged before leaving to go to the palace.
Once we stepped out, an awkward silence surrounded us. Sook Myung was standing next to me, holding a few cups in her hands.

"I'm sorry," she suddenly said.
"What for?"
"I didn't think you would give me that kind of reaction."
"...for what? When you threw trash at me?"
"Yeah, I've seen you get mad at the guys but you always seemed to be laughing afterwards..."

Wait, did she do that on purpose? Just so that she could try to make me laugh? Without a second thought, I burst out laughing. She thought throwing trash at me would do that?

"I-I'm sorry for laughing...but that was just too unexpected."

A few seconds later, Ji Dwi had brought back around two dozen men to help with the clean up.

"Now all we have to do is watch," he said while sitting down on a step.

We sat down beside him and watched as his guards tried to move all the drunk men. It was really amusing.

~Late morning~

In the end, the whole thing ended up...well, a successful disaster? The whole place was cleaned up, which was good and what we wanted, but the guards had accidentally started a fight with the others.

"Shall we leave this place for a while?" asked Sook Myung.
"...yeah, there's no way we're going to argue with drunk men and get involved."

The three of us left and headed to town. Someone should really make something new, it got boring after a while.

"Hey Sook Myung, I need your help with something," exclaimed Ah Ro.

Before dragging her away, she gave me a wink. What was she planning?

Ji Dwi grabbed my hand and took me to the forest. This reminded me of Lulu.

"(Y/n), let's go get a horse."
"A horse? Why?"
"Because I want to ride one."

He whistled. After a little while, his horse came running from the direction we had been walking in. He climbed up before holding out his hand. I just smiled and took it.

"You don't have a horse, do you?"
"No, why do you ask?"
"Because...just because."
"Sometimes, you're a little strange."
"I don't care. I like riding with you, it's very peaceful."
"Really?"

Suddenly, a loud bang frightened the horse, causing the both of us to fall off. I landed on top of Ji Dwi. *blush*

"S-sorry-"

Before I could get up, he pulled me down so that I was lying next to him. He closed his eyes after intertwining his fingers with mine.

A rustle in the leaves...followed by twigs snapping. Someone...more like some people were here.

"Calm down and sleep. It's only your friend, Ah Ro," exclaimed Ji Dwi.
"There's more than one person."
"And Sun Woo."
"How do you know?"
"They told me about it. They wanted to cause some embarrassing moment to tease us about, so I have no idea why they told me but obviously it didn't work."
"Aww, that's no fair. You didn't have to tell her," Ah Ro said with a pout.
"Well, how's it going between you and Sun Woo?"
"*blush* N-nothing's going on between us."

Ji Dwi turned on his side and looked at me.

"What?"
"Not 'what', it should be 'I love you'."
"Oi."

He just laughed and poked my blushing cheeks.

"Isn't it uncomfortable lying on the ground like that?" Sun Woo asked.
"No, it's fine."
"Only because I'm with you," said Ji Dwi.
"...whatever."

He just smiled and put his hand over my eyes.

"What are you doing?"

Instead of a reply, all I got was a kiss.

"(Y/n), I love you."
"...sometimes you just say the most random things."
"That wasn't the reply I was expecting."
"Hmm, you won't hear it."
"Really?"

He started to tickle me. After a while, I finally gave in and begged for him to stop. If only I could tickle him..but it was sad that he wasn't ticklish anywhere.

Instead of saying that reply, I kissed him.

"*smirks* That must be the first time you've kissed me first."
"*blush* Y-yah!"
"It looks like they've completely forgotten us," exclaimed Ah Ro.