CH 20: Meeting the Fairy Angels (and Others)

WAYO'S POV

Tonight, I'm supposed to meet the wolves from my faculty and I'm really nervous. However, I'm a bit distracted because my mind keeps replaying the scene between Pha and Forth in my room a few minutes ago. What is going on between those two? I tried asking Ming and he said it was just typical Alpha male posturing and I should ignore it. I'm not sure I can though because it's two people I care about, and I want them to be happy.

Ming says we have to leave for the event now or we're going to be late, so we head downstairs to the car. I try to focus my thoughts on the meet and greet but we've barely gotten out of the parking lot when I feel a massive burst of anger coming from Pha. It burns through my senses and leaves me gasping for breath.

Ming is looking at me in concern, "What? What happened?"

"P'Pha is angry. Very angry. Maybe we should go back?" I suggest.

"Ai'Yo, we can't. We don't have time. There are still preparations I need to confirm at the restaurant."

Nodding my head in understanding, I tell Ming, "Then, I'm going to call him."

Pha answers my call and we have a brief conversation. When I hang up, I can feel he is still angry, but not so much as before. Maybe they are working out whatever issue they're having like Pha said. I'm putting my concerns aside for now, because I know I will see them soon.

We arrive at the restaurant with only have about 15 minutes left before the event start time. They're doing the final prep for tonight and Ming is running around like crazy checking to make sure everything is ready. Me? I'm... well... I'm just waiting. I have nothing else to do.

About 10 minutes later the little chime above the entrance door rings and I turn to watch a group of 6 walking in together. They're all talking and looking around, until they spot me. Then suddenly the boy in front of the group puts his hands up to his mouth and lets out a loud squeal. "EEEE! You're so cute!" He starts quickly walking towards me, and his group follows him.

Ming walks up and stands protectively to my left, but just a step behind waiting to see what will happen.

The boy halts right in front of me and throws his arms around me. I'm standing in shock and I don't know what to do. I glance over at Ming, but he only gives me a shrug.

"Mon! Quit hogging him," one of the other boys in the group scolds the boy hugging me.

"No, he smells too good to stop."

"That's it! Group hug!" Another of the boys yells. The next thing I know I'm swarmed and there are now 6 people hugging, touching, and sniffing me.

Commentary is spewing out from the group at lightspeed. "OMG, he does smell good!" "His hair is so soft!" "His face is cute." "Look at his little mouth!"

Desperately looking at Ming, I'm hoping for help, but instead I hear a loud grumpy voice roar, "What the hell is going on here?"

The group doesn't let go of me, but everyone glances over at Pha. He has a glare on his face as he stalks towards our group.

"Ok, guys, let go. You're overwhelming him." Pha admonishes the group in front of me. He obviously knows them. "Come on, hug time is over for now. You can hug him later. Stand back and introduce yourselves to him." He has come to stand on my right, one step back like Ming.

The group does as Pha says and I breathe a sigh of relief as they step back. There are 5 boys and 1 girl. They start the introductions, but I can also hear Pha and Ming behind me.