CH 41: Containment Plans

A/N: I noticed this morning we hit 10,000+ reads!!!  Thanks to everyone for making that possible.

--------------------

PACK ALPHA PANITCHAYASAWAD POV (WAYO'S DAD)

Sitting at one of the dining tables near the kitchen, I see when Wayo and Phana finally shuffle down the stairs. They look as tired as I feel. Offering me wais, they slump into the chairs around the table.

"Good morning, boys. How did you sleep?"

Mumbled answers of "good," are what I receive in return to my question.

"Good, however, it looks like that's not true." They both turn to gaze at me. "Does one of you maybe want to give me a hint as to why we had such a... restless night, last night? Did one of you maybe forget to mention something big that might have happened yesterday?" They look at each other and then return their eyes to me.

After a couple of seconds, Wayo inhales so sharply he almost chokes on his breath. "Oh, daddy, I'm so sorry, I forgot to warn you. I was so excited to be home and see everyone." His face, ears, and neck are flaming red, and his face is lowered as he talks to the table instead of me.

"Sorry for what? Care to explain?"

"P'Forth found his mate yesterday, daddy. I was handling it fine all day, but I fell asleep in wolf form and I was confused when I woke up..." he trails off, then starts again. "I'm really sorry daddy."

Grunting at them, I accept his explanation, "Alright, what's done is done. I'll excuse myself now and head to my office. Nong Phana, I'd like to speak with you in my office. Alone. Please come up in 20 minutes. Son, please help Ming show Kit around the pack buildings and lands while I have Phana occupied, alright?"

Receiving a "Yes, Alpha" from each of them, I leave the table and head upstairs to my office.

--------------------

The door to my office opens and the guards let Phana enter. He wais as I stand.

"Let's sit on the couches, it's more comfortable." I say as I wave him towards the seating area.

We sit and I look him over. He still looks tired, let's wake him. "So, Nong Phana quite an interesting night with my Wayo, huh?"

"Yes Alpha," his eyes widen when he realizes what he said, then he hastily retreats with, "I mean, No Alpha."

Chuckling at his discomfort, I tell him, "Relax, I'm just teasing you Nong. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but those with strong bonds and links to Wayo will always feel the effects of his 'leakage' the most."

"Yes, sir. I know Ming can always feel when Yo's emotions slip past his barriers. I'm starting to feel more as we've spent so much time together lately, and of course I'm usually the closest in proximity to him also."

"In future, I need you to keep in mind who else has powerful links to Wayo. If something happens you or Ming should give a heads-up, if possible, to the people on that list." I point to a card that has a few names on it laying on the table between us. "Ming already knows this list, however I realized when he found his mate that we didn't have a back-up plan in place."

Phana picks up the list and immediately he blushes as his eyes dart to mine then away.

"Are you surprised about something Nong?" I'm relishing his discomfort a little too much I think, but oh well. He'll get used to it. "Yes, as Wayo's dad I'm on that list too."