CH 55: Part of the Family

PHANA'S POV

Feeling a chill against my skin, I reach across the bed searching for Yo, but only find cool sheets. I open my eyes and search the room, calling out, "Babe? Where are you?"

No answer. I crawl out of bed to look for him. Bathroom empty, living room empty. Walking back into the bedroom I notice the door to veranda is not closed completely. Stepping to the door I look through the window and see Yo curled up in one of the chairs. It's really early, still dark.

Pulling the door open, I step outside and call him softly, "Babe? What are you doing out here?"

He turns and looks up at me, "P'Pha, come sit with me." As he holds out his hand to me, I grab him pulling him to his feet then I sit in his chair and pull him down into my lap. I can't believe after everything we've done over the last three days, he's blushing from sitting in my lap. Damn he's cute. I ruffle his hair and plant a kiss on his temple.

"What are you doing out here babe?"

"When I was little my family would come out to spend the night here. Dad would always sleep late, but mom and I would wake early and sit on this veranda to watch the sun rise. It was always so quiet in the moments before the dawn came. So peaceful. We'd cuddle in one chair and just... spend time together." He had such a sad smile on his face.

Hugging him tight, I tell him, "I bet that was really great, babe."

"It was." He lays his head against my chest, "P'Pha, when we move back to pack lands... can we..."

"Come here and watch the sunrise?" I finish for him. He nods. "Yes, babe. And one day we'll bring our kids with us to share it with them too."

He gives me a trembling smile with his eyes full of happy tears.

------------------

We eat breakfast and get cleaned up. While Yo is getting dressed, I text his dad letting him know we're coming back to the main house this morning.

Yo joins me in the living room a few minutes later. He's wearing one of my shirts and it's huge on him. As he gets closer, the oversized shirt shifts downward exposing his right shoulder, or more importantly my mating mark on his shoulder. I run my fingers across it and feel Yo shiver under my touch. Damn it! I grab him and give him a hard kiss.

Just as I'm about to drag him back into the bedroom, there's a knock on the door. Argh! No!

Yo smile at me, but pulls away and heads for the door. I can only adjust myself in my suddenly too tight shorts.

-------------------

WAYO'S POV

Opening the door, I see my dad standing on the porch. "Daddy!" I throw myself into his waiting hug. I'm so happy to see him.

"Son, I've missed you." He sets me down, and looks me over. "How are you?"

"I'm good, daddy." I look over my shoulder at Pha and hold my hand out to him, silently asking him to join me. "We're good."

My dad looks Pha over as he joins us, then pulls him into a hug too. "I'm glad to finally be able to call you son."

Pha is looking a little suffocated, so I try to rescue him. "Daddy, I'm not sure P'Pha can breathe."

"Oh. Sorry about that, son. We're huggers, so you're going to have to get used to it."

"Yes, sir." Pha says as he backs just out of my father's reach.