CH 11: There's a First Time for Everything

MING'S POV

The security check on the building is completed and now I'm reviewing the information on the residents who live on the same floor with me and Yo. There are 10 rooms, but only 9 are currently occupied. My room is to the left of Yo's, but the room to his right is currently empty. There are 7 wolves, including us, and 2 humans on our floor. We personally know all the wolves, so no worries there. The 2 humans, 1 female and 1 male, however must be monitored for a while. They look harmless enough from their background checks, but humans can sometimes have unpredictable reactions.

Since I have time I go ahead and give a quick look at the list of other building residents. Forth is one floor up from us and Phana is 2 floors down. Even though they irritate me, I'm glad they're nearby. I know I can trust both of them with Yo's safety if something happens.

Glancing at the clock, it's already after 6 pm. I should go check on Yo.

--------------------

FORTH'S POV

Yo and I spend the whole afternoon together catching up and working on his room. By the time evening rolls around almost everything is unpacked, and his room is starting to look like someone lives here.

It's great spending time with him again. I really missed him. This last year it's been hard not seeing him, but I needed the distance. Last year when I found out he wasn't my mate, I was crushed.

FLASHBACK – FORTH'S POV

Today is my 18th birthday, and I have to visit him. I have to know. My dad is driving with me over to their pack lands, because he's hopeful too.

When I find Wayo, he's sitting at the piano playing one of his favorite songs. His scent is amazing, and he looks lovely as usual. But that's the problem, everything is as it usually is. Wayo's father and mine were both been there and saw the disappointment on my face. They knew right away he wasn't mine.

It's impossible to stay there after finding out. Before Wayo can see me, I dart back to the car and wait for my father who comes out a few minutes later and drives us home.

END FLASHBACK

Shaking loose of those bad memories, I look at the boy working beside me. He's so beautiful and full of life. I can hear him humming quietly to himself and because he feels comfortable with me, his happy emotions are leaking out of him. I'm also finding it hard to catch my breath, since his scent has permeated the entire room.

Why am I holding myself back from this boy? We wolves aren't known for being chaste. Before we find our mates, we tend to be rather indiscriminate about our sexual partners. I certainly wasn't picky in the past and have been with both girls and boys before. Wayo might not be my mate, but that didn't mean we couldn't be more than friends, right?

The more I think about this idea, the better it sounded. Maybe I just need to let Yo know I'm interested in being a little more than his friend.

Moving a little closer to him, I envelop him in my arms. Pulling him in close to my chest for a hug, his arms automatically wrap around my waist in return. Yo is always so affectionate and responsive and when he looks up at me, I get a little lost looking into his eyes.

"P'Forth what are you doing?" Yo asks me with a smile on his face.

"Yes, P'Forth, what are you doing?" A louder voice interrupts.

Our heads turn to find Ming standing in the doorway with his arms folded across his chest. His foot is tapping against the floor, and there's a very irritated look on his face.

Breaking away from Yo, I simply say, "Just needed another hug. It's been over a year since we've seen each other, surely you wouldn't begrudge me a hug, N'Ming. Would you?" Yo is looking curiously between the two of us. I'm sure he can feel the tension.

"No, of course not, P'Forth," Ming replies sarcastically. "Yo, I came to check if you were hungry yet. If P'Forth is willing to go with us, I thought we might go to a restaurant nearby for dinner."

"Really Ming? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Yo yells out. One minute he's beside me and the next he's dancing around Ming excitedly, questions spilling out of him randomly. "What kind of food? Should I change? I think I need a shower, do you think I need a shower? How far is the restaurant? Can we walk to it? Can I have a pink milk?"

Ming answers Yo's questions, but afterwards says, "Yo, P'Forth hasn't agreed to go yet." They both turn and look to me.

"P'Forth can you go with us, pleeeeaase? This will be my first time eating at a restaurant, pleeeeaase." Wayo is looking at me with his big eyes pleadingly.

"Yes, of course," I tell him. "Let's get cleaned up and then we can go."

-------------------

Dinner was fun.

We walked to a nearby restaurant and Yo's head looked like it was on a swivel. He was interested in everything and everyone. Ming and I had to remind him to eat, he was so busy gawking.

Sometimes, I forget how sheltered he's been his entire life. This is literally the first day he's ever been off his pack's lands. The first time he's ever traveled anywhere. His first time eating in a restaurant. It made me sad for him, but I was also happy that I could share in these first with him.

There are so many firsts he will experience in the coming months and I can definitely think of a few firsts I absolutely would love to share with him.

09.09.2018 

Edited:  02.08.2018   8:25 pm  US CST