Chapter 20

Chapter 20

 (Edited)

Emma

I walked around the woods looking for Star or Gold as I heard a rustling behind me "Gold" I asked thinking it was him but Neil walked out. "Emma" Neil said "Neal, what the hell are you doing here" I asked annoyed a bit. "You expect me to stay in bed while you're looking for my dad" Neil asked as he started to walk with me "right, I forgot who I was dealing with" I said. "Did you see him" Neil asked me "David, Bailey, and I just saw him, but he took off again, Bailey chased after him so now we're looking for two people. David's going to kill me for losing Bailey" I said upset a bit.

"No he won't, you're his daughter" Neil said and I did a small smile "so it's true he's alive" Neil said "yeah, he is" "how'd he seem" Neil asked. "Uh, I don't know what that witch did to him, but he seems a little crazy. When I asked him about her, it was like he wanted to tell me, but he couldn't" "well, he can't be far. Come on" Neil said as he started to walk again but I stopped and didn't move and Neil looked behind me. "You want to waste time dragging me back to the hospital? Cause that's the only way you're gonna get me there" Neil said.

I sighed but did a small smile "fine, let's go" I said and we started to walk again. "So, New York, huh" Neil asked "I like the pizza" "did Henry like it". "He loves pizza" I said "I meant living there in the city" Neil said with a smile. "Oh, yeah, I did too, finally had time to do all the things we normally couldn't" I said "like what". "Go to the park, see a movie, go to the zoo, just do nothing, life was good, really good" I said realizing that it was good. "It didn't get lonely, just the two of you" Neil asked a bit surprised as I sighed "Henry had tons of friends at school, and I had someone" I looked at Neil, realizing what I just said "sorry" "why are you sorry" Neil asked "never mind" I said.

Ads by CloudScoutAd Options

"It's not like we were or you even remembered" I tried to say as Neil chuckled "was it serious". "He proposed" "wow" Neil said "and then he turned into a flying monkey" "sounds intense" Neil and I laughed. "Go ahead and laugh, I almost married a monster from Oz" I said "it's hilarious" Neil said and I smiled and shook my head ay him and how childish he acted. "Hey, I'm sorry it didn't work out" "really" I said but came out as a question.

"I care about you Emma, I always will, I just want you to be happy, even if it isn't with me" Neil said. "We were happy once" I said as my cellphone rang "Belle, what'd you find" I asked into the phone "okay so you know how Neil has that symbol on his hand, it's from an ancient talisman a key that opens the vault of the Dark One. I think he may have used it to resurrect Rumple back when we were in the Enchanted Forest" Belle said "wait, so he brought Gold back" I asked as I heard a noise and turned to around to see Bailey.

"Bailey" Emma said "Emma, Neil" Bailey said "continue Belle" I said "that's where it gets unclear. The vault will only restore the Dark One in exchange for another life" Belle continued. "What are you talking about" Bailey asked me as she listened to the conversation. "Whoa, hang on a minute, what" I asked "it's a one-for-one trade, if Neal used that key" Belle started "he should be dead right now" I finished for her. All of a sudden Neil screamed out in pain and fell to his knees "Neal" Star asked bending down to him "Neal" I asked and hung up, running over to him. "Neal, Neal, what's wrong" I asked him "are you okay" Neil kept screaming in pain as we tried to talk to him.

Star

Neil screamed out as he held his head and his face turned into Golds then back to himself. "I think, I think Gold is inside you" I said and looked at Emma "that's probable how you're still alive" Emma said. "I heard my father's voice in my head, he's in there, he's in me" Neil said freaking out a bit. "He said there was no room" "he meant you" I said to Neil "there's not enough room for both of you" I said understanding it now. "I need you to help me Emma, use your magic, separate me and my father" Neil practically begged to Emma.

"Really, you'll die" "I know, but you need my dad more than me, to figure out who the witch is, to save the town" Neil said. "You need to do this" "I've never done anything like that before not that big" Emma said "can't you do something" Emma asked, looking at me. "No, I mean nothing that could poll them apart" I said upset "do it to save you and Henry, do it, please" Neil begged. Emma tried to poll Gold out and succeed "Neal, Neal, are you okay" I asked him as he seemed weak.

"What have you done" Gold asked "It's okay papa, I told her to" Neil said weakly "but why" Gold asked mad and upset. "So you can tell her who the witch is, so you can defeat her" "Zelena" Gold said "what" I asked "Zelena, she's the witch" "what does she want" I asked him. "What she doesn't have" "there has to be some way you can save him, right" Emma asked. "It's too late, Emma" Emma sighed "just hang in there, please.

You never even had a chance to see Henry for him to remember you" Emma said cry as well as Gold.

"It's okay, he doesn't need to, he just needs to know that, in the end, I was a good father.

I saved this for you to give to you again" Neil handed Emma a necklace "take it" "Neal" Emma said crying but took the necklace. "Hey, I'll be watching over you guys from somewhere. Promise me just, prom, promise me you'll both be happy, all three" Neil said and looked at me "I promise" we all said "No, no, no, I can fix this" Gold said crying no, you can't. You can't, thank you, papa, for showing me what it is to make a true sacrifice. It's about saving the ones that you love" Neil said "no" Gold said "it's my turn now" Neil finished.

"No, I don't want to let you go" Gold said "I need you to, please, let go" Neil said "I love you, son" Gold said holding onto Neil "I, I love you, papa" Neil said and closed his eyes. We called David and Emma and I headed over to David's apartment where Zelena was "Emma, David, what's going on" Mary asked as we stormed inside "where's Zelena" Emma asked "in the bathroom, why" Mary asked as I quickly ran into the bathroom, braking the door but there was no one there. "She had to know we were coming" I said "I'll call Regina, we need to get a protection spell around this apartment right away" Emma said taking out her phone.

"Does anyone want to tell me what's going on" Mary asked as David walked over to them "I'm just glad you're safe" David said hugging Mary. "Of course I'm safe, why wouldn't I be safe" Mary Margaret asked "it's Zelena" I said mad "she's the Wicked Witch" "what? How do you know" Mary asked surprised "Gold told us" I said "Neal brought him back before" "before what, Emma" Mary asked walking over to her.

"What happened" "Neal's dead" Emma said as Mary walked up to her "Emma I'm so sorry". All of a sudden I felt dizzy and look around realizing I was in the woods and Zelena was talking with Gold, looking like she was controlling him. "Gold" I asked and I came back to the hotel "Bailey, are you okay" Pan asked me standing in front of me "somethings wrong" I said and passed out.

The End!!