<9> I Am Me

Aemi's POV

I unlocked the door into my apartment room and lazily walked in, kicking off my shoes and throwing my jacket onto the ground. I sat on my bed and thought to myself.

Did I do the right thing?

Is it really over?

Park Chanyeol. What are we??

I let out a frustrated noise and rubbed my face. "What's wrong with me?!?!" I sighed and looked at my phone. A new notification lit up the screen.

Park Chanyeol: Listen, I'm sorry for suggesting this whole revenge thing...

Me: No, I wouldn't have went along with it if I didn't want to do it.

Park Chanyeol: Alright Aemi ❤️ Goodnight! Sweet dreams :)

Me: Goodnight Chanyeol :)

I dropped my phone onto the bed with the eyes still on the screen, looking at his message. He even sent a heart...AISH AEMI YOU JUST BROKE UP WITH SOMEONE!

I grabbed my phone again hesitantly clicked on a contact. "...Hello? ...Hyebin-ah?"

"Unnie!!!" A voice on the other line gasped excitedly. "I missed you!"

"I'm so sorry Hyebin." I said. "I'm sorry for ignoring your texts and calls, I changed so much that I didn't realize I lost one of my best friends."

"It's okay unnie." Hyebin replied. "Does this mean you're back to normal?"

"I guess, a little bit!" I laughed.

Hyebin cheered on the other end. "I hope we can enjoy EXO events again and spend more time with each other!"

"Yes, yes."

That night, Hyebin and I stayed up talking about many things. It was like those 2 years of disappearing friendship never disappeared. I was glad, glad that I had my best friend back and by my side.

•••

Another day, another time to go to law school and struggle. After realizing that I didn't want to continue with law school, I have gotten lazier and lazier with my work. I think it was time I moved on. I would rather risk it all than be miserable for the rest of my life.

But,

what was it that I wanted to do?

Ding!

I looked down at my phone laying on my desk in class. Oops. I forgot to put it on silent. I was about to pick my phone up to answer until it was snatched out of my hands.

"Who's this?" An annoying voice said haughtily. "Park Chanyeol? The one from EXO? You must be joking."

I looked up at her. It was Choi Jinsu, one of the smart mouthed law students at the college I was attending. "Yes."

"And how do you have his number?" Jinsu asked.

"He gave it to me." I said. "We're friends."