<12> Tension Filled Air

Aemi's POV

I took a deep breath and made my way to the front of the judges. They were both females, and were so pretty. Both of them had flawless and white skin. I gave them a nervous smile, and they returned it. I could tell they were tired of going through so many auditions.

"Introduce yourself."

"Ah-Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed 90 degrees. "My name is Do Aemi, a '94 liner, and I will be singing and dancing. I am fluent in Korean, English, and Japanese." I bowed again. Why did I bow twice??

Afterwards, they made me introduce myself in those three languages.

The judges nodded amusingly after I finished introducing myself. They wrote a few things on their papers and looked back up at me. "Please, start."

"Okay, thank you for taking your time for me." I cleared my throat and started singing Stay With Me. I was around the middle of the song when the judge told me to stop.

"Okay, that's enough."

I froze. Does that mean she doesn't want me singing anymore? Am I that bad? "A-alright."

"You prepared dancing as well?" The judge asked.

"Yes, and the disc is prepared too." I nodded.

"Normally, we just have the person dance to nothing, but I have a feeling that you will do something amazing with the music. We will let it go this time." The judge smiled nicely at me.

I felt embarrassed since I didn't know that a disc wasn't needed, but I had to go along with it. The judge put the disc in and I danced the choreography that Sujin and I went through.

This time, the judge watched what I had prepared all through. I felt relieved both that they liked it and that it was over.

"Thank you, we'll give you notice within two weeks."

I bowed and smiled at the ground. "Thank you, thank you very much for your time!" I walked out of the room. The moment I stepped out I let out an exhausted breath.

"Hey! You!" A girl pointed at me. She had a really good body, she was average height but her legs were so long.

I turned around to make sure she was pointing at me, but no one was behind me. "Me?" I pointed at my chest.

"Yes, you!" She ran over to me enthusiastically. "You did very good. I was very impressed watching your performance-like I loveeeee IU, and the choreography was so perfect! Not to mention your singing was great, you mastered Punch's high pitches perfectly and that's not an easy thing to do and also-" The girl kept talking over and over, and I felt a happy feeling knowing that someone thought I was good.

"Ah~ thank you so much! I worked really hard for it. Especially because I can't dance all that well." I replied.

"No one would've ever known that you 'can't' dance." She said. "Oh! I forgot to introduce myself!! My name is Kim Soomin. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand and I shook it. "I'm a '93 liner!"

"My name is Do Aemi." I smiled. "A '94 liner."

"Can I call you unnie? I know we just met but I want to become friends!" Soomin said.

"Of course! It's very nice to meet you. Did you audition too?" I asked.

"Yes I did! I only danced though, that's what I like the most." Soomin said. "I hope I make it!" She looked down at her phone. "Ah! I have to go!!! It was very nice meeting you! I hope you make it too because your performance was so impressive!!" Soomin bowed and ran off.

"Goodbye!" I waved as she ran off. What an interesting girl... I thought to myself. Hearing that my performance was impressive made me more confident. I hoped she made it too, she'd be a nice person to have around.

•••

I arrived home feeling really good and lounged around for a bit, playing on my phone. I was so bored, I had nothing to do other than my phone. So I decided to sleep all my stress and anticipation away.

Two Weeks Later

It was just another lazy day when I received an email from SM. I freaked out, nearly dropping my phone. "Omo it's here it's here..." I hurriedly clicked on the email.

From: SM Ent.
To: Miss Do Aemi

You are getting this e-mail because you auditioned to be an SM trainee. It is with a happy heart that we tell you that you have passed the auditions! Please meet at the building next week, we are explaining for information at that time. Please attend at 7 in the morning, we will be waiting for your return!

- SM Audition Organizer, Lee Kimjun

I looked up from the letter. I looked back down the read it again, to see if I read it wrong. I...made it? I MADE IT!!! "I DID IT!! I DID IT!!" I yelled and jumped around my apartment, probably disturbing nearly all of the neighbors, but I didn't care. I threw myself on the couch and let it a long sigh.

"I actually did it..." I said, dazed. "I'm really going to do this." I squealed and kicked around on the sofa. I had to tell Chanyeol right away.

I dialed Chanyeol's number and waited for him to answer. When he picked up I immediately started talking.

"CHANYEOL. CHANYEOLLLLL~ I MADE IT! I MADE IT!!" I yelled into the phone.

"Ouch!!! Stop screaming!!" Chanyeol said in pain.

"Oh. Sorry. BUT I MADE IT CHANYEOL!"

"You did?! YOU DID IT!! DID YOU REALLY??" Chanyeol yelled back into the phone.

"I did. I made it Chanyeol. I practiced hard, and I'm now a trainee." I said emotionally.

"I'm so proud of you Aemi-ah. I knew you could do it all along~" Chanyeol said.

"Thank you for believing in me Chanyeol. Thank you for everything you've done. Thank you for staying by my side."

"You're welcome Aemi-ah. Now that you're a trainee, I can see you almost everyday~"

"Mhm! I look forward to it. I should go now, goodbye!"

"Can we meet up again sometime? Oh! We could go to that new theme park! I want to go on another date as a celebration~"

I chuckled and blushed, glad that no one could see me. "I'd love to go! Bye now Chanyeol~!"

"Okay! Bye Aemi-ah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note

See you in the next chapter and don't forget to like, comment, follow, and share~