<22> It's Time

Aemi's POV

>End Of Flashback<

I looked down at my hands after telling the story. "So yeah...that's partly why I changed you know?"

Chanyeol eyes were wide from the story. "I'm so sorry Aemi."

I shook my head. "It's okay. I mean-it's not okay, but you didn't do anything wrong."

Chanyeol caressed my hand.

"I think, I'm going to quit. I'll continue with law school." I finally said. "It won't work out."

The idol sighed and looked down. "I understand that..."

"We all sometimes can't get what we want." I said. "I can't become an idol."

"I'll support you no matter what."

"Thank you." I smiled.

>Two Years Later<

"SM'S NEW GIRL GROUP HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. THE LONG WAIT IS OVER, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN; D-Dee!!!!"

That's us.

We made it.

My group mates and I emerged on stage, feeling confident, feeling proud. We worked hard for our D-Day.

All eight of us performed our debut song, then sat down in desperate chairs on stage with the emcee.

"So, our new angels of the kpop community!! D-Dee, how does it feel to finally make your debut?"

"It feels really great." I said first, being one of the older members. "We worked very hard for this, and we are extremely elated to know that everyone is accepting us."

"Please, go ahead and introduce yourselves!"

"Ne."

Going from one end to another, the eight girls introduced themselves. Once the girls all introduced themselves, the emcee moved onto the next question.

"So, explain please why you guys chose the name 'D-Dee' and how?"

"We thought it sounded cool and stylish. We didn't want so flashy and it seems kind of retro." One of the group members said.

The emcee nodded. "Yes, I personally really like it."

"Thank you!"

"So, I must ask this one question. Not to bring the spotlight on you or anything, but Do Aemi, what happened two years ago, that made you almost not debut?"

"Ah yes." I nodded. "I got into a car accident. And broke something in my leg. The doctor said that it was so serious, that I might been be able to walk properly ever."

"That's terrible!"

"I lost hope and almost quit training, to keep on with my law studies. But I gave it two months to look for improvement. I worked very hard to get back to my normal leg work. And I did see improvement. It was a miracle." I took a breath. "The thing that kept me going were my friends-" I gestured to my group mates. "-and the thought of not letting my loved ones down."