<20> Trust Is How You Get Hurt

Aemi's POV

I looked at Rina with wide eyes after her outburst. "I-it wasn't me it was h-"

"SHE'S LYING!" Rina yelled.

The front office lady looked between us. "Both of you, come into the office now."

I didn't give Rina a single glance and walked inside obediently.

Lee Sooman was amongst the many staff inside the room and the lady whispered something inside his ear, and he nodded, letting us in.

"Sir it wasn't-" I started.

"I don't need any of you two to say anything. I'm going to be asking the questions." He said sternly. "Where were both of you at the time this happened?"

"I was with my friend, because she's moving and I wanted to say bye to her- you can even ask her! I wasn't here!" I rambled.

"I was in my dorm cleaning up after training." Rina said calmly.

"Who's jacket is this?" Sooman held up the grime jacket.

"It's hers-" I pointed to Rina.

"It's mine, but she used it to frame me!" Rina argued.

Shit. I'm loosing to her lies. I gritted my teeth. "I'm telling you, it wasn't me."

"Where is the money?" Sooman asked.

"I don't know where the money is." I said.

"Me either." Rina said as well, earning dirty looks from me.

Sooman put his hands inside the pockets, searching for something. Slowly, he pulled out a piece of paper.

There it was, the $30,000 check.

"It's a crime to steal this much money. I don't know who it is, but they better turn themselves in." Sooman said. "Or both of you guys can say goodbye to your kpop future."

I nodded.

"It was her, though. I wasn't present at the time." Rina said. "How do you know she isn't lying?"

"How do I know you're not lying?" Sooman asked. "We're going to figure this out at a more convenient time. You both are dismissed."

I got up from my seat and exited the room. When I got to the main area, there were trainees whispering and looking at the both of us. I turned around and flashed her a betrayed look. "I...don't understand. Why the hell-"

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry does shit." I said as I went out the front door noisily.

I got to my dorm and packed my stuff up. I wasn't going to stay with her anymore. I'll just stay at home, I'll get hurt less that way.

"Why are you leaving?? You won't have a place to stay." Rina said after entering the dorm.

"I have a place to stay." Was all I muttered, while grabbing my clothes and stuffing it in my luggages.

"I had to do it. I'm sorry."

"Don't you understand...how much I risked for this, just for someone who I thought I could trust, just ruin it all for me?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"YOU'VE HAD A PERFECT FUCKING LIFE. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE TO GO TO CERTAIN LENGTHS SO YOU CAN SURVIVE IN THIS GODAMN WORLD!!!" Rina yelled back.

That was it. I had no patience for her anymore. I dropped my luggage on the floor and threw my fist to her cheek. The contact made her fall to the ground. "I DON'T KNOW WHY THE HELL YOU'RE STILL FIGHTING. THERE'S NOTHING TO FIGHT FOR, EITHER ONE OF US TURNS OURSELVES IN, OR WE ARE BOTH OUT!!!" I said as I stomped on her hand.

I grabbed my stuff and went out the door, heading to my car.

•••

I haven't talked to anyone for weeks now. I ignored Chanyeol's texts, Hyebin's texts, my families. And it's not like any other trainees talked to me, since they think I stole the money.

I was quietly taking a break with some water when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" Chanyeol asked.

"Because I'm tired." I muttered.

"You look like a truck ran over you." Chanyeol said as he felt my forehead. "Are you sick?"

"No." I muttered and pushed on his hand, making him frown.

"I know it wasn't you."

"Yeah, but looks like everyone else doesn't." I said back.

"I'd help your side if I could Aemi." Chanyeol said. "It'll be over soon."

"Yeah." I said as I walked away.

•••

After practice, I drove to my house feeling more tired than usual. My eyelids were heavy, and my legs were so sore that I had trouble pressing on the brakes.

I turned onto my street. But what I didn't notice was another vehicle coming at the intersection. At a fast speed as well.

Before I knew it, something crashed to the side of my car.

Everything went black.

Everything is going wrong, isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shorter chapter today!! The story is reaching the intense parts nowwww and it's so hard to write without wanting to rip out my hair.
See you guys in the next chapter!