Chapter 6

The door burst open and I instantly took the first one through out. With a flick of my wrist, a knife buried itself in the chest of the vampire. Quickly, Isabelle took out the next one with her whip, while Alec loaded his bow. My seraph blade found its way into the stomach of a vampire coming for Isabelle and Alec shot one as it came through the door.

The next one that came after me had a weapon of its own. He swung the sword at me and I easily met it with my own, blocking his attack. He threw himself forwards into his next strike and I used his own weight to deflect his hit and throw him off balance. Unfortunately, on his way down, he took out my legs and brought me down with him. He was the first to recover and came down on top of me, brandishing his weapon. I focused all my energy into my legs and kicked him off with an almighty effort. Jumping back up to my feet, I lifted my blade to block the oncoming blow. Before I had time to react to the second though, he had swiped at my face, faster than lightning, cutting a deep line down my left cheek, eyebrow to chin. I grunted but refused to allow myself to lose focus, knowing I would die if I did. Channeling my pain and turning it into anger, I let it pulse through me. With a newfound strength, I ducked his swing at my head and drove my seraph blade through his heart.

I had no time to revel in my victory as I saw Jace and Clary sneak past while more vampires flooded the room. My face was stinging and I felt blood gushing down my cheek, but I grit my teeth and carried on. Another one was coming straight for me but before it was even within arms reach, an arrow soared past my head, and the attacker was dust. I didn't have time to react to it before two more came at me. I snapped my belt into a Bo staff and impaled both vampires in one hit. Turning back around, I saw Alec about to shoot a vampire heading for Isabelle, not noticing the one right behind him.

"Alec!" I threw myself forwards, seraph blade outstretched, successfully obliterating the danger to him, but as soon as it turned to dust, an even larger male vampire appeared in front of me at a supernatural speed. Before I could even comprehend his presence, I heard Isabelle scream as he drove his own sword straight into my stomach and within a matter of milliseconds, I was shoved by the chest into the wall on the other side of the room, so hard that the concrete split. I smashed my head back against it and felt my ribs crack inwards at the force of the blow. Blood dripped from my nose and down my chin, but I hardly had the energy to wipe it away.

"Samara no!" Isabelle cried, and Alec dealt with the two remain vampires before they both rushed over to me. Alec pressed a hand over my stomach in an attempt to stem the flow of blood.

They tried to help me up but I pushed them both off angrily, "Get off me."

"Sam now isn't the time, you're seriously injured and you need our help," Alec pleaded with me.

"No, you don't want to help, your life would be so much easier without me here. That's what you think yeah? You'd prefer it if I just died wouldn't you," I seethed, heaving myself up. I tried tracing the healing rune Alec had drawn on me at the City of Bones, but it wasn't doing anything.

I stumbled forwards, and Isabelle tried to steady me but I pulled away with a, "Don't touch me." I collected my weapons and moved on, holding my hand over my stab wound, apply as much pressure as I could. Feeling like my lungs were flooded with water, I was having extreme difficulty breathing by the time we rounded the corner straight into another fight scene. Jace was fighting two against one while Clary managed to get herself in a chokehold by a third.

Alec reacted immediately, aiming at the vampire, but the Downworlder held Clary in front of him like a shield.

"Okay," Alec smirked, and instead shot the arrow at the wall, allowing a beam of sunlight to flood in and burn the vampire, releasing Clary. Clary then moved to fight one of the others and stabbed him, while Jace sliced his in half, both successfully disintegrating their opponents. Clary look stunned because she managed to kill one and Jace looked at her with pride.