Chapter 3

I always took the day of the appointment off work. When I first started going to see Mia, I couldn't exactly handle being at work afterwards. Talking about all the things that had happened in the war. I struggled to deal with work and all the loud noises. Luckily my boss was understanding and helped me out by changing the roster. It helped that the appointments were always on the same day. This meant that I could go straight home, make a cup of tea and run a bath. I can relax with a good book. I suppose it was a good thing that I was so distracted, I wasn't constantly looking around to see if I was being followed, meant I wasn't looking like a weirdo. Also meant I didn't see who was watching.

As soon as I got home, I walked inside to the kettle, turned it on and took off my jacket. I put everything down before deciding to go and get my wand and sit it on the kitchen table. I left it there while I made my cup of tea. I sat down and looked at it. Trying to work out if I wanted to try and get back into using it. Or if I was happy without it. I mean, logically I know what Mia said made sense. I know that what she was saying was right, doesn't mean I'm ready. And again, that's another thing, she was right, if I don't try at some point soon, will I actually ever try? I was sitting at the table thinking about it all. I was so deep in thought that I almost didn't hear my phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Hermione, its mum love, how are you?"

"Hey mum, I'm good, you? How is dad?"

"We are both fine dear. Just wanted to check in with you after your appointment this morning. See how it went and how your feeling?"

"Thanks mum, I'm fine. We talked about what would happen if I went back to the magical world. Or at least started to use it. We also talked about ways that I could ease myself into using it again. Even just little bits at a time." When I found them and restored their memories, it took a while to calm them down. It took even longer to explain everything to them. I tried so hard not to lose it. I was going to hide bits of what happened. Like being tortured on the floor at Malfoy's house. But after having them scream at me, about what I did was wrong, I lost it. I told them everything. From first year up until the end of the final battle. I told them everything. I told them that if I hadn't done what I had done, they would have been killed. After they had been tortured for who knows how long. They tried to explain that they would have been safe. That they could have just hidden themselves away. Unfortunately, that just isn't how it works. And it took a long time fore them to understand that. It took a few weeks of getting to know each other again, and working everything out, but now we are closer than ever.

We talked for a while longer, more about the appointment and also about just life in general. By the time I got off the phone, I had finished my tea and was already looking at making another. I turned the kettle on and then went and turned the bath on. Pouring in my favourite vanilla bath bubbles. Hoping that it would help me to relax and clear my head. I left the bath to fill and went to finish making my tea. Grabbing my book on the way back through to the bath. I stripped down and hopped in, feeling the hot water wash over me and relax all my muscles. I picked up my book and started to read, ignoring the outside world. Trying to forget reality for a while.

Completely forgetting about my wand sitting on the kitchen table.