Chapter 19

It had been a week since 'Hermione' had sent out the letter to Mr. and Mrs Weasley, but she still hadn't received a reply. The date on the invite was meant for today, so she was going to get the house ready anyway and just see what happened. Ginny, Dean and Harry had all agreed to come for dinner, so she decided to just go with it, see how everything would play out, always hoping for the best. Worst case, it was just going to be a dinner with friends. Emma had gone out to the shop to get some wine, apparently people usually have at least one bottle in their houses, I don't see why, it tastes like sour and off fruit, but Emma pointed out that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley might like a glass so she decided to go out and buy a bottle.

Hermione's POV

The table was set, the roast was on along with the roast vegetables. I realised that I still had to get ready and remove the glamour, I couldn't be 'Sarah' tonight. I had to be Hermione. I went and jumped into the shower, trying to prepare myself for tonight.

I got out and wrapped myself in a towel, looking in the mirror, watching as I slowly melted back into being Hermione. I took a deep breath and took my hair out of the towel, remembering now why I always used to keep it up. I said the charm to get my hair to dry softly ('paulatim aridam'), watching as it fell in soft ringlets down my back. I put on a light bit of makeup on before getting dressed in a casual pair of jeans and a top and walking downstairs to triple check everything. I had just opened a can of Canadian club when I heard apparition in the entryway. "Hermione?" I heard a male voice call out.

I took a deep breath to try and steady myself before replying, "In the kitchen Harry." I waved my wand and watched with a small smile as the potatoes started cutting themselves up and the beans started being top and tailed. Harry walked in, looked at my face and said, "It still amazes me the things that magic can do, and I have known about it since I was 11."

"I know. I think that after everything that happened, I just, I forgot that there was beauty and good in magic. I think after seeing all the hurt it caused, I needed to see the good it could do as well."

"I get what you mean. Every now and then I would do something like create coloured spark just to see how good and pretty it could be." He said leaning on the table next to me, "Ron used to think I was insane, until the day I caught him changing the colours of the flowers on his mums garden, and I think he finally got it."

"Sounds like Ron. Doing before realising." Harry opened his mouth to say something when the front door opened, and Emma walked in. "Alright, so, I have no idea if they will like this, as neither of us drink wine so I don't know what's good. But a lady at the shop said it was good, so here we are. I also got a few more cans of Canadian club, Jack Daniels and some Pimm's, that way at least I know we will have enough to cover the 3 new add-on's that seem to have taken up residence in our house." She finished while turning and raising an eyebrow at Harry.

"I'll get the next lot?" He asked with his hands up in surrender and a small laugh.

"Sarah, Hermione, love, we are getting a new lock on the door and you're setting new wards to stop them from coming in the house. I found Dean and Ginny on the couch in a... compromising position when I came back from work. They had just let themselves in." Emma said.

"We will get it done tomorrow." I said laughing at the horrified expression on her face and the memory of Dean and Ginny.

"What's with the look, sis?" speak of the Devil...

"She is remembering yesterday." Answered Harry as Ginny and Dean sat down at the table. Emma had just finished putting the drinks in the fridge when Dean winked at me and waved his wand, summoning a Jack Daniels and a Canadian club from the fridge, making Emma jump and let out a squeak when the cans went flying past her head. I tried to suppress my laugh but couldn't help it when everyone else started as well, Dean almost falling off his seat. I looked at Emma and I couldn't help it; I nearly fell off my seat sideways laughing at the look of annoyance on her face. "Bloody magical people summoning drinks when they could perfectly do the normal things and just ask for one." She grumbled. She walked over and sat down at the table, head in her hands, shaking it from side to side while the rest of us finally got our laughter under control.

She waved her hand in front of her for a moment before looking up and realising that what she was looking for wasn't there. That with all the excitement, she had forgotten her own drink. I waved my wand and watched as the fridge door opened, a can flew out into my hand and the door closed again. I handed it to her with a raised brow, "Sometimes, magic can be helpful." I said, grinning at her as she stuck her tongue out at me.

"I mean, I get why you stopped using magic. But think back over the last couple of years and tell me there isn't a thousand situations like this that it wouldn't have been much easier to have used it. Honestly." She said looking at me with a raised brow in return.

"Keep complaining and I'll return it and make you get up to get it." I threatened, looking at her and raising my wand.

She hugged it to her body, "Alright, I'm sorry! I give! I give!" I laughed at her as I stuck my wand behind my ear. We sat there talking for a while before I looked up at the time. If Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were coming, they were going to be here in about 15 minutes. I stood up and filled a pot with water before putting it on the stove. I finished cutting up the sweet potato and the pumpkin before turning the heat on and putting them in the pot. I checked the roast lamb in the oven before sitting down again. I checked the time and realised that they should be arriving any minute now, so I got up and started putting things in serving dishes, Harry getting up to help me as well. I opened my mouth to say something but just smiled at him in thanks. He carved up the meat while I made the gravy and placed it in the gravy boat. We set it all on the table, casting warming charms on it to keep it warm. I looked nervously at the clock, Ginny seemed to know what I was thinking and smiled at me. Once it hit six forty-five, I realised they weren't coming and told everyone to start serving themselves. Harry reached over and gave my hand a squeeze. We all filled our plates, and just as I was standing up to get another drink for everyone, the doorbell rang...

So, they had come...