Chapter 5

After Harry left, I was in a daze as we finished closing the shop. I was working on auto pilot, I couldn't believe that Harry turned up out of the blue like that. I knew it couldn't be a coincidence. I knew that I wasn't seeing things the other day. Maybe they did know that it was me. Maybe I was too much like the old me. I don't know what to do. I wanted to get home and lock my door. I wanted to hide away from everyone for the rest of the day.

Maybe even forever.

Emma and I locked up and got into the car. "Sarah, what happened back there? With that man? And don't say nothing, I know something was going on." She said as soon as we got in the car. I had no idea how to answer though. She had no idea of my past. She had no idea about what was going on.

"He looked very similar to someone I knew before I came here. I thought that maybe it was him. But it wasn't him." I had to keep telling myself that it wasn't him. How could he have known. How could he tell that it was me?

"Oh really? How can't it be him?" she asked sceptically. How the hell do I explain that I look different. And not just in a 'I dyed my hair' way. But in a 'I changed everything about my looks' way. I hated lying to her, but what other choice did I have?

"He has no clue where I am. And before I left we got into a massive fight. There is no way he could know where I am. We used to be close. But there is no way he would come after me after what was said." I didn't even know who I was lying to anymore. Emma or myself?

"If you were close, even if you had a fight, why wouldn't he come after you? We have been friends for just over 2 years and I know even if we had a fight, I'd be coming after you." She said looking at me with an eyebrow quirked and smiling

"What was said was horrible. I just don't see how he could get past it to come after me and leave. He has a life there. I don't see him leaving it. And I'd come after you as well." I smiled at her. 5 minutes later and we were pulling into the car park under my apartment building. "Did you want to come up for dinner? You're welcome too." I asked Emma.

"Sounds good... as long as you have something stronger than coffee up there" she laughed at me.

"When have you known me not too?" I laughed back as we got into the elevator and headed up.

I got to the door and pulled out my keys, not noticing or remembering the wand sitting in the bottom of my bag along with my phone. I hung up my bag and jacket before walking into the kitchen to pour some drinks not bothering to ask what she wanted. I was pouring the Jack when my phone rang "Emma can you get that for me? It's in my bag" I call out. Completely forgetting what was in my bag.

I heard her talking on my phone as she walked in to the kitchen and realised that it was my mum that had called. As she handed me my phone I noticed something else in her hand. My wand. How could I have forgotten that?!

"Hey mum, what's up?" I ask when Emma gives me the phone while holding up the wand and quirking her eye brow up at me. Oh shit.

"Hi honey, why didn't you tell me that Harry was in town? He came to visit us today, saying that he is doing everything to find you, what does that mean?" oh god. No.

"What did you tell him? You didn't tell him where I was, did you?" I started to panic now. This was all starting to fall apart. This couldn't be happening. I wasn't ready for this.

"I told him you were doing well and that I would pass on that he called. He asked me to give you his number and said to call him when you could. I hope I didn't say anything that you didn't want him to know?" she sounded unsure about it all now. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. Now having to deal with this and Emma finding my wand. I just wanted to run and hide. Again.

"No, its fine. I'll take his number and maybe I'll call later." I wrote down the number, promised to go and visit soon said good bye. Now I have to deal with Emma and my wand. Oh crap.